Forums

Help › Forums

Never touch the money

rated by 0 users
Sat, Mar 6 2010 6:01 AM (9 replies)
  • kissfanpdx
    84 Posts
    Sat, Feb 20 2010 2:23 PM

I have to tell on myself.  Yesterday i played a kid who was a 65 ave i had a 70 ave, we were playing the matchplay challenge for credits on kiawah for 18 holes.  On the 8th hole i found myself three up on the kid, and he wrote me and said "oh we are playing 18? i almost hit the forfiet button" and in a cocky , trash talking kind of reply i said "well probaby more like 14 or 15 holes....lol"  and he replied with..."right..."  he then proceded to birdie every hole except the 15 hole where he lipped out for par, he had me dormie on the 17th hole where he calmly sunk an 18 foot birdie putt to make for one very humbling experience.   I learned a LONG time ago, that you NEVER touch the money when competing where money is invloved, because 9 out of 10 times it will come back to bite you in the ass.

• werksux
    241 Posts
    Wed, Mar 3 2010 6:54 PM
    LOL
  • TaterNater
    545 Posts
    Thu, Mar 4 2010 5:25 AM

OUCH!!!!

• sabbath270
    231 Posts
    Fri, Mar 5 2010 1:41 PM

How do you know he was a "kid"?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Mar 5 2010 2:41 PM

sabbath270:
    How do you know he was a "kid"?

Forget about that-you're long overdue for the second installment of Mr. Avatar. Andyson made a couple of feeble attempts (they were actually sabbath-like though) but you set the standard . Well?

(Sorry to step on you kissfan but this is the 1st public appearance in a while for Mr. Sabbath)    ;-D

• sabbath270
    231 Posts
    Fri, Mar 5 2010 3:12 PM

He did? Didn't see those.

Maybe I should get to work. :)

Edit: Oh now I see it, haha.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Mar 5 2010 4:21 PM

YankeeJim:
    Andyson made a couple of feeble attempts (they were actually sabbath-like though) but you set the standard .

What feeble YJ? LOL    I do think the celebrity avatar effort was on target...

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Fri, Mar 5 2010 4:41 PM

andyson:
    I do think the celebrity avatar effort was on target...

Perhaps one of A-Rod, Tiger, and Dr. Tony Galea would be more on point.  Don't forget the trunk full of Actovegin vials.  

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Mar 5 2010 5:05 PM

OaktheToke:
    Perhaps one of A-Rod, Tiger, and Dr. Tony Galea would be more on point.

The Yankees are always a good and easy target that gets lots of support.  ;~)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Mar 6 2010 6:01 AM

LMAO-and I'm still waiting for the personanlized avatar you promised Andy.

The winners cry "Hurray" and the losers cry "Deal!"

4/4/10   ESPN Sunday Night Baseball     NY vs Boston        The marathon begins..............

RSS