Forums

Help › Forums

Your Opinions on Tiger Woods' Statement

Sat, Mar 20 2010 9:09 PM (51 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Feb 21 2010 10:59 AM

And just what is it that Tiger owes his little wifey?

Before they met she was a Swedish baby sitter for Jesper Parnavik, a kind of au pair, if you will, without two nickles to rub together.

Without Tiger, she would be back in Stockholm slinging hash or peddling what Tiger seems to be bored with.

As it is, she gets to stumble about his yacht sporting a Platinum Rolex President and choose anything else that suits her fancy.

As for his handsome Mommy, the ever gracious Kultilda, she is only one proceedure away from having skin tighter than the plastic wrap on a tube of braunschweiger.

Tiger owes nothing.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Feb 21 2010 11:11 AM

"Achievements on the golf course are only part of setting an example. Character and decency are what really count. Parents used to point at me as a role model for their kids. I owe all those families a special apology. I want to say to them that I am truly sorry." - Tiger Woods

Pretty obvious someone thought he needed to apologize to his fans.  He did and its done.  Further waste of time on this subject is pointless.

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Sun, Feb 21 2010 11:18 AM

Tiger’s apology paralleled his media image…in a controlled environment a major glitch happens and we see the real Tiger…in this instance the camera profile changes and we see the ring less left hand and the grim face of his mother.

I personally didn’t need an apology but millions of others wanted one.

Score: Birdie from the bunker

To Snaike:

Your son doesn’t make it to the podium of apologies?

(all in fun man, don’t go viral on me:)

• raidermatt1
    96 Posts
    Sun, Feb 21 2010 2:53 PM
    Personally I thought it sounded robotic, and I thought he could have spoken from his heart more than he did, it will be fun to watch though when he gets back on the course, but even if he wins 20 majors I will never consider him the greatest golfer ever.
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Feb 21 2010 3:41 PM

raidermatt1:
    Personally I thought it sounded robotic, and I thought he could have spoken from his heart more than he did, it will be fun to watch though when he gets back on the course, but even if he wins 20 majors I will never consider him the greatest golfer ever.

Interesting view. Who do you consider "The Greatest Golfer"?

• raidermatt1
    96 Posts
    Sun, Feb 21 2010 3:43 PM

Just look at my picture, it has to be Jack Nicklaus, I wasn't really around when he dominated, but the competition he played against was so much tougher than the guys tiger plays against.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sun, Feb 21 2010 4:26 PM

Well Sweetiepie, I don't know where your sarcasm is directed and for what reason, but apparently you have never been married. Since when does someone need to have money to marry someone who has money? What's with your personal attack on Tiger's mother? Do you condone infidelity in a marriage? Why do you keep implying Tiger owes nothing? Is it because he's your favorite golfer?

You must have issues with marriage. If someone could look past the sarcastic attitude you display, you might get married one day (if you aren't already) yourself and then you'll know what it means to someone to apologize to their spouse for infidelity. Tiger loves his wife and wants to save his marriage. That's reason enough to owe his wife an apology.

Tiger owes is wife and kids an apology whether you like it or not. It's the right and descent thing to do. BTW, I've been married to a wonderful woman for 19 years and I owe her my life and not for infidelity either.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Feb 21 2010 4:48 PM

Well Richard,

My sarcasm comes from a sharp wit, a sharp mind and the fun of putting the two together when I please. It is true that I have yet to marry and have no problem with doing so beyond the reality that greater than 50% of marriage vows fail. I am pleased to hear the good news of your own 19 years of bliss and can only add that neither you nor your wife are above the infidelity that seems to infect most humans. The question then is simply "do I choose to get over it? Or no?" Nevertheless, Tiger owes nothing.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Feb 21 2010 5:35 PM

BOFFMEN:

To Snaike:

Your son doesn’t make it to the podium of apologies?

(all in fun man, don’t go viral on me:)

@ Boffman.  No viral response... as a matter of fact, I don't apologise to my children.  I can tell them that I screwed up and that (hopefully) they can learn something from that... but other than that, no.

@ SP.    You know that I think you're one of the best things to happen to this game, but you're wrong.  There's something about the marital vow and promise.  Sure, half end up in divorce but the other half thrive together to raise a family and make a better life for each other.  Besides, as it stands right now, she would make more if she left him anyway.  ($300M buyout in the prenup.)  Don't think it's about the money...

It's about their lives, their children and their family... and somethings are worth more than money.

But, what do I know... 15 years, 3 well-adjusted children, 3 dogs, 2 cats and a fish... none of which was possible without the Mrs.   /shrug/  ~That's~ why I would owe her an apology.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Sun, Feb 21 2010 5:38 PM

raidermatt1:

Just look at my picture, it has to be Jack Nicklaus, I wasn't really around when he dominated, but the competition he played against was so much tougher than the guys tiger plays against.

Are you serious? The players today are much better than most of the competition Nicklaus faced. And Nicklaus got preferential treatment from tournament officials. I remember 1 Masters where he was given a FREE DROP from an unplayable lie in a hazard. Calling it ground under repair. He birdied the hole. The next day another player was in the exact same spot not 2 inches different. He was told play it as it lies or take a drop with 1 stroke penalty. Nicklaus won that Masters by 1 stroke .If his lie had been ruled fairly he the best that he could have gotten on the hole would have been a par or most likely a bogie. A par and he ties and has to win in a playoff. a Bogie and he loses by 1 stroke. After the tourney he was asked about the difference in the rulings and said "No comment".If Nicklaus had been a true sportsman he would have taken a penalty stroke and disqualified himself due to signing an incorrect scorecard.

He was never my favorite, but after that I could not abide him. Because if this happened once who is to say it didn't happen a lot. 

And to me the greatest was Lord Byron Nelson. A great golfer and a true sportsman.

RSS