Forums

Help › Forums

Post your best putts here!

Mon, Feb 5 2024 8:57 AM (910 replies)
    1,644 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2010 9:57 AM

Here it is.... the longest ever.... the new mark to beat (and it can be done!) ......

221.53 FEET! 

I was having a great round up until #7 (was -7 thru 6) and I missed an easy birdie putt... so I said to myself "what the ____, why not try it".... it was my second attempt and it was nothing but pure luck!!

Enjoy

• Griz0613
    80 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2010 10:36 AM
    Wow... nicely done. Cant be amazed by anything you do
  • AlexisStarfire
    78 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2010 4:02 PM

WGTalex:

Let's see you sink those putts!

short but sweet :)

http://www.wgt.com/gameclient.aspx?view=showReplay&JSON={%20%22GUID%22%20%3A%20%2269a2ce7d-1ddf-4030-970e-9d2d0181a920%22%2C%20%22Brand%22%20%3A%20%22undefined%22%20}

won't let me make this a link ;(

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Sat, Mar 6 2010 7:09 AM

This 66 footer on #9 at St. Andy's brings my Eagle count to an even dozen. Not spectacular by any means, but sweet none-the-less. 

When I viewed it before saving it, it showed the "zoomed-in, behind the hole" camera view as the ball was dropping into the hole, but now, in the replay, it shows the "panned out" camera view as the putt drops. The former view was better, IMHO.

I've often wondered, why the view switches to this panned out camera view when holeing a shot from off the green, as well... as the ball is about to drop into the hole. Zooming in on the cup would seem to make more sense, wouldn't it? I mean... it's not like there's a green-surrounding crowd cheering, or something... :)

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Sun, Mar 7 2010 7:43 AM

Well I just watched James Cameron's "AVATARLEE"  221.53 foot putt.

It was especially crazy when I put the 3D glasses on...thought the ball was gonna pop my screen.

That is certainly a record to beat ...great putt Lee.

• pillsy
    489 Posts
    Mon, Mar 8 2010 7:23 PM

Here it is.... the longest ever.... the new mark to beat (and it can be done!) ......

221.53 FEET! 

I was having a great round up until #7 (was -7 thru 6) and I missed an easy birdie putt... so I said to myself "what the ____, why not try it".... it was my second attempt and it was nothing but pure luck!!

Enjoy

you gotta be s&*!(%Ng me

well done...ALTHOUGH, i call shennagins.  if it wasn't a legit putt during the normal course of a round, it shouldn't count.  that's like counting hole-in-ones on CTTH contests.  may your putt be stricken from the record books!  (and good luck re-claiming your top spot when you keep averaging <10' from the hole on approach shots)

:joking:

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Tue, Mar 9 2010 9:26 PM

I got couple 50fters in my replays. They aren't the longest but having never practiced them and made them in ready go rounds, I think they qualify. They are over massive mounds :)

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Mar 9 2010 9:41 PM

pillsy:
    ALTHOUGH, i call shennagins.  if it wasn't a legit putt during the normal course of a round, it shouldn't count.
    hehe... well it was my second attempt at the long range putt on that hole (same round)... I was just trying to do it for the Diamond award and got lucky... ended up taking a 7 on the hole!

But if you'd like to see a nice legit putt... here is an 81 foot eagle on #5

• DougBieker
    333 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 7:29 AM
    Yeah that was pretty good......only took like 15 seconds to cover that much distance you are the man Mr. AvatarLee....incredible
RSS