Forums

Help › Forums

Amazing to Watch

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 23 2010 1:14 PM (6 replies)
  • OldBeachdog
    39 Posts
    Tue, Feb 16 2010 12:57 PM
    It was positively amazing to watch the Peeble Beach match as two players in the final groupings shot back to back 9's on the par 5 15th (?). Felt a little bad for the leader going into the hole dropping to about 4th after a quad bogey. On the other hand, nice to see some humans playing.
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Feb 16 2010 1:40 PM

OldBeachdog:
    On the other hand, nice to see some humans playing.

Agree completely!

I was wondering if/when one of them was going to call a press conference to blame VEMmie or 'The Beast' for that!

Wow... shot deviations in real life, professional, grown-up golf.  

Whodathunkit?!!?

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Feb 19 2010 2:08 PM

OldBeachdog:
    It was positively amazing to watch the Peeble Beach match as two players in the final groupings shot back to back 9's on the par 5 15th (?).

Actually it is the 14th hole. Plays in the 570 range and if you hit a real nice drive, spank the snot out of a 3 wood, the party just starts to get going. With anywhere between 110 yards or less left to go, the green is an optical fooler. Hitting one more club than would seem reasonable is a must because the front left bunker is a magnet. The green is a nightmare more suited for Freddy Kruger.

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2010 8:04 AM

Snaike:

Whodathunkit?!!?

My thoughts exactly.

• Andersontours
    1 Posts
    Wed, Apr 21 2010 11:04 PM

I think it largely depends on our personal choice about deciding on the tour sites. Thanks for posting! :)

Sydney day tour

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2010 8:06 AM

Snaike:
    Wow... shot deviations in real life, professional, grown-up golf.  

Those shots they hit were not hit properly,they were not dinged if you will.Which is what you would expect from a mishit.

A deviation occurs when the shot is executed correctly(dinged) but does not go where a player was aiming,and a whole lot of other stuff that I don't have time to mention.IMO

• TarheelsRule
    5,462 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 1:14 PM

Git is right this is well, a bad shot don't get too many deviations in real life.  There are a few times when a club might have a hot spot on it, used to be a problem with the old Ping Eye 2's but that has been corrected.

RSS