pdb1:
    Nice find Paul . 
    Thanks Paul ;)

I only overcame my fear and used the Search =>

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,865 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2020 10:18 AM

alosso:
    200 CDP on April 15, 2011 point to an individual start at Sept 27, 2010, but no mentioning in the news then.

Great Sleuthing alosso!

Thank you all.

It's like getting mentioned in the local Rhode Island Gazette for making 100 years old. What exactly did you do? Oh, you stayed alive. Wonderful!

But I found a WGT "issue"!

I purposely broke down and "bought" a "1 hour" 40% Boost (for bought, picture moths flying away from my wallet). This was how I made it to 48,224 "Experience points". I only played 1 game yesterday so I expected to see an increase of that amount. Nope!

WGT gave me only 37,842 "Experience points". So what happened to the other 10,382?

Internet heaven I guess!

Watch out anyone else "buying" Boosts!

DuFuss

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2020 1:46 PM

DuFussMcGoo:
    I expected to see an increase of that amount. Nope!
    3,001 days gives much less XPs than 3,000 - see your screen shot.

I wonder how you arrived at 37,800 anyway - should be perhaps 15,000(?)

You'd have to look into the details of those game closing displays.

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,865 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2020 3:38 PM

alosso:
    I wonder how you arrived at 37,800 anyway - should be perhaps 15,000(?)

Being a retired "bean counter", I play with many numbers. I keep track daily of my "Experience points" and I've been doing it for years (yes, I must be a lunatic to do this...but I do). The 37,842 is the difference between my 6/3 total of 16,219,036 and my 6/4 total of 16,256,878.

I don't buy extras from WGT, but others might.

And I will buy the 40% Boost when I hit 4,000!

• jobycat
    7 Posts
    Wed, Jun 10 2020 11:51 AM

Dont tell LOL

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Sat, Sep 26 2020 8:08 AM

alosso:
    200 CDP on April 15, 2011 point to an individual start at Sept 27, 2010, but no mentioning in the news then.

On the other hand WGT posted this on September 1st - CDP is mentioned - Bolding and Italicizing added by me so you can find it easier.  

This points to a start before Sept 27th, 2010.

More on Levels and Tiers

01 Sep 2010

More about Levels

Thanks for all the feedback on the new Level system that we released today. Levels are designed to help all players be rewarded by unlocking new virtual equipment and other prizes for them as the play WGT.  Levels are separate from your Tier (Hack, Amateur, Pro, etc.) which are based on your skill and score history.  The Level system is designed to be fair to all players, based on their love of the game and not just their skill.

Your Level will increase as you play WGT and interact with other players online. Here are some of the ways that you’ll earn experience points (XP) that will increase your Levels…

• Hitting the ball
    • Playing and completing any round of golf, including stroke play, match play and closest-to-the-hole
    • More points are awarded for any tournament or multi-player game
    • More points for more people in your multi-player groups
    • Winning awards during your round, as long as you complete the round
    • Playing on consecutive days, with each additional day adding more experience points
    • A small experience point bonus for players who deposit $5 or more in credits

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sat, Sep 26 2020 8:53 AM

O those tomatoes on those eyes of mine! :o)

IIRC, they introduced the new tier system along with the new levels.

RSS