Help › Forums

Most Consecutive Days Played!

Tue, Oct 10 2023 5:24 PM (481 replies)
  • Rushore100
    29 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2018 9:01 AM

sweets12:

At 2323 days and still plugging away.

My question is why?  That's 6 years of your life.  I realize it's only a 1/2 hour or hour out of each day, but why?  You mean to tell me there isn't a day somewhere in there that you dedicated to doing ANYTHING else?  Not trying to disparage you, and I too really enjoy playing, but just trying to understand the psyche of someone who puts that much time and effort into anything that doesn't build a better light bulb, so to speak.

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2018 9:57 AM

sweets12:

At 2323 days and still plugging away.

Yesterday was 2,311 for me.

Of course, I can provide proof!

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2018 10:21 AM

Rushore100:
    My question is why?  That's 6 years of your life.  I realize it's only a 1/2 hour or hour out of each day, but why? 

With respect, that's pretty faulty logic. First, a person can keep a CDP streak alive by playing a single hole, which takes a couple of minutes. And second, taking a few minutes (or even 30 out of one's day) does not prevent someone from doing a whole host of other things.

You present it as mutually exclusive events (i.e. if one plays then "there isn't a day somewhere in there that you dedicated to doing ANYTHING else).

On any given day, someone can probably take 5 minutes or 30 (if they choose) to do some type of activity. There are a whole host of activities that would fall into that category (reading a newspaper, checking email, prayer or meditation, having coffee with a spouse are things that come immediately to my mind).

In other words, I would guess that we all do something on a consistent basis each day. That "thing" becomes part of our day and has become "built in." As such, it doesn't detract from anything else we do. What that means is this: it's not 6 years of the person's life that has been used doing this. If it is 6 years, then it's 6 years of not doing something else. And that something else could very well be doing nothing. 

We tend to do those things that we perceive to have value to us. Understanding that point will go along way to understanding the psyche of people who maintain long CDP streaks. Simply put: it has value to them. Clearly, it doesn't have value to you. That's fine.

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2018 1:19 PM

Robert1893:
    On any given day, someone can probably take 5 minutes or 30 (if they choose) to do some type of activity.

This is correct. The streak killer, in the North anyway, are Hurricanes, and winter blizzards. Power goes out, no net! Two days without power = new CDP streak!

• sweets12
    565 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2018 5:04 PM

I was really into this game for about 2 years, and as I lost the desire to play alot I kept the desire to see how many XP points I could make to improve my equipment.

It stuck with me and now I mostly play 1 hole a night (It takes 3-5 minutes).

P.S. I'm retired now for 20 years....What the hell is there to do at 8:00 pm every night...lol

Well said Robert 1893
  • Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2018 8:21 PM

@sweets12

Thanks! 

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2018 8:29 PM

DuFussMcGoo:
    This is correct. The streak killer, in the North anyway, are Hurricanes, and winter blizzards. Power goes out, no net! Two days without power = new CDP streak!

I lost my streak at 730 days. But I started a new one and am now around 380 days.

It used to be no big deal to lose a long streak because the CDP bonus topped out at 880 XPs, which I'm sure you're aware. Now it can be a significant loss of XPs, if one loses a CDP streak.

And if a player is below Level 100, it could mean something to them because they might want to get better equipment and would like to level up faster. Also, if WGT ever introduces new equipment above Level 103, I bet there will be more than a few who will want to protect their streaks. I know I will. 

I keep thinking they're going to introduce some high-end (and very pricey) Titleist equipment. But I could be wrong.

• ScottyAKing
    175 Posts
    Sat, Jul 21 2018 6:09 PM

Day 1000 for me today.  Even though XP doesn’t mean a lot personally now, it put 12600 into the coffers of my CC (which at level 19, has little benefit either, unless WGT change things in the future).  It’s a stubborn sense of achievement I guess.

re the old CDP maxing at 880.  Players are going to be levelling up way quicker these days, which I most likely why WGT changed it.  The higher the level, the more expensive the equipment....

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Sun, Jul 22 2018 8:01 AM

I am at 2205. The last time I lost my CDP I was in the hospital over night with kidney stones and didn’t get home in time to play to save my streak. If that were today I wound just play a random 3 hole on my IPhone. There is really no reason for anyone to lose their CDP now that the mobile app is here. Even with no power you should have enough battery life to play 3 holes on your phone connecting through your mobile network. And it really only takes 1 shot. So you could take 1 shot then shut down to conserve battery life. 

• wolfie27
    251 Posts
    Sun, Jul 22 2018 6:34 PM

1293   need therapy !

RSS