Help › Forums

going to Arizona....

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 2 2013 10:52 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • eivets
    433 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2012 3:21 PM

Another good course I have had the pleasure of playing in that area is Papago Creek.

It's a muni with a high slope average, so it plays a bit tough with great conditions. It is located very close to the Phoenix zoo & has reasonable greens fees.

I actually saw a coyote chasing a roadrunner out in the desert on this course.

I spent the rest of the round scouting for Foghorn Leghorn but never saw him.

Have fun on your trip & if you go out in the desert be careful of the wildlife.

• GBullet
    16 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 1:48 PM

I'm a current resident and a native of the Phoenix / Scottsdale area. There is an abundance of great tracks here, many of which MioKontic pointed out and you should be able to play them at a fairly discounted (non peak) rate in May. I will add that the TPC of Scottsdale Stadium Course is a great course as well and is also the home of the Phoenix Open aka Waste(d) Management Open. Its always cool to play a course that a PGA tournament is played at. Lastly, you would be doing yourself a disservice if you did not make the drive 70 minutes north to Sedona to play in the red rocks at the Sedona Golf Resort or Seven Canyons. Both are great courses and are set in one of the most beautiful places you will ever see. Enjoy your trip and enjoy the state.

~GB~ 

• bfghd
    1,344 Posts
    Sat, Feb 25 2012 7:42 AM

Many great courses to play in Arizona.

Some courses that come to mind are Troon North, Phantom Horse(A.K.A. Arizona Grand Golf Resort) TPC Scottsdale, and Club West.

Those are personal favorites, but there are so many more to look at.

• Tigron62
    59 Posts
    Sat, Feb 25 2012 10:43 AM

Actually yes ...I just add Sedona area on our way to the GCanyon... thanks GB

Looks like we will be doing 3 days in Scoottsdale..4 days in Sedona and comeback in Scottsdale for 3 more days to end our vacation...

Thanks Every1

if you have any others suggestions..feel free to do so...

Debating on the courses I should play.... Troon Monument is one fro sure,,, TPC is another 1....

Sevens Canyons is one in Sedona...

Trying to find some good tps n deals for the GrandCanyon...Would like to see Antilope and Monument Valley but that seems a bit more distance from Sedona and Flagstaff  

• NIckO310
    7 Posts
    Thu, Mar 28 2013 11:37 AM

Near Sedona is a place.. Jerome, Arizona.. if you are into wine.. this is def on my list of places to go..

www.caduceus.org

• TarheelsRule
    5,462 Posts
    Sat, Mar 30 2013 2:06 PM

The two courses I think the resort is Troon North are great tracts.   TPC at Scottsdale is okay but in my opinion not in the top 10 in the area.

You should be able to get a good package that gives you access to 12 to 15 courses that you pick and choose from.

• Shape5
    18 Posts
    Sat, Mar 30 2013 2:51 PM

I used to live in Arizona.  If you can handle the heat set up a 2:00pm tee time.  The cost start to drop substantially by then, but it will be hot. 

• usracenut
    1 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2013 6:51 PM

For a nice public course try the one in Arizona City off of Hwy 10 outside of Cassa Granda ! Very nice retirement community without the hassles of the big city .

• putterdog
    6,685 Posts
    Tue, Apr 2 2013 10:52 AM

you can also try "golfnow.com "  to find some better deals . I live here in Az .  the snakes are starting to come out , they are hungry now , so be careful .

• PAGES
RSS