Forums

Help › Forums

Tiger Woods online

Thu, Aug 11 2022 11:54 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • KodiVet
    13 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2010 7:19 PM

Been playing here for the last couple of days. While the graphics are a work in progress the course selections are outstanding and the play is very accurate. You might want to check it out as an alternative to the site when boredom sets in...just a thought...

• TheLung
    5 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 10:44 AM

How many months now and we can STILL only play 18-hole stroke play rounds on two courses.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour Online currently has SIX courses and it's only been around for a little while.

See ya later WGT. Let me know when you finally stop dicking people around.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 10:46 AM

TheLung:
    Tiger Woods PGA Tour Online currently has SIX courses

Seven.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 10:51 AM

Aha, the quantity over quality argument.  Nothing beats the HD real look of the WGT courses.

• jasondement
    322 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 10:56 AM

WHO DAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 10:56 AM

That's not so clear, Mochaman. Even Nivlac was posting TWO screenshots to this forum, saying they were "breath-taking".

Remember, WGT uses static photographs, whereas TWO's spectacular (at the highest setting) graphics are in constant motion. The surf is breaking on Pebble Beach's famous hole 7, birds are screeching and chirping and flying over your avatar's head, etc.

So, while WGT graphics, all things considered, may be said to be superior, TWO's graphics are by no means second-rate. They're superb as well, and so are the seven full 18-hole courses and the game-play on them.

I believe both WGT and TWO are superb golf games, both with their own advantages and disadvantages. I prefer WGT for the time being, particularly thanks to all the intriguing equipment options and variations.

• jcksnghst
    71 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 11:34 AM

"There are five courses included in the current version of WGT: Bethpage Black, Bali Hai, Edgewood Tahoe, Kaiwah Island and Wolf Creek. Where WGT really deviates from the norm (and what Tiger Woods Online is going to do) is the manner in which these courses are displayed. Rather than crafting them all in fancy textures, polygons and effects, photos are used instead. The only thing that requires true processing power is generating your player model, the ball, the flag, and the physical interactions that your ball has with the course."

http://pc.ign.com/articles/101/1018289p1.html

WGT, you have the edge for the time being, don't ruin it by letting Vemmie run rampant. AT LEAST keep her off the greens, plz.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 11:48 AM

Yeah, and all of that is not necessarily an advantage. The article you linked continues:

The one downside that I found to this presentation method is that you, your ball and your swing never change the appearance of the course. [...] there's no sand splash when hitting out of a bunker and the water is pretty lifeless. All because you're playing on what is essentially a photograph.

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 12:17 PM

KodiVet:
    the play is very accurate

I would argue against this one. TWO is okay.  Its a different type of game and can be fun, but its plays is a little awkward because the graphics, as some people like to describe here, are somewhat cartoonish. 

The course list is great though, but keep i mind that TW PGA Tour has been out there for years and EA sports has so many existing contracts and relationships in place while WGT is starting from scratch.  

I would also also argue that TWO is a pathetic game when compared to other TW PGA Tour games released.  

Fun diversion.......yes.  Good game.......not so much IMHO.  

So a question for you, why would you come on a WGT forum and make a post in an attempt to divert players to another website and hurt their business?  Do you always like to spit in the face of the start up business in favor of the 800 lb gorilla on the block?  

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 12:20 PM

Look out for those silly startup businesses:  Apple, Starbucks, Amazon.com, Microsoft...

• PAGES
RSS