Forums

Help › Forums

FAULTS

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jan 31 2010 4:51 AM (6 replies)
  • silky4015
    255 Posts
    Sat, Jan 23 2010 5:28 AM
    I’ve just joined WGT and I must say that there are a few things I don’t like. I played a second shot the green. The screen tells me I’ve hit 180 yards and I’m 1 yard from the hole. When I get to the green my ball is sixteen feet from the hole. How come one section tells me 1 yard and another give 5 yards? At times the shot slide sticks and the ball moves forward 1 yard and I’ve given a stoke that I didn’t play. Other times I’m told I’ve hit the perfect shot to the green only to find that the ball is well short and in a bunker. Are these common faults?
  • Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sat, Jan 23 2010 6:14 AM

silky4015:
    The screen tells me I’ve hit 180 yards and I’m 1 yard from the hole. When I get to the green my ball is sixteen feet from the hole. How come one section tells me 1 yard and another give 5 yards?

What I think you are doing is misinterpreting the information. Say the flag is 181 yrds away. You hit a shot 180yrds. You also have to take into account how far left and right you are. So you may be 1 yard short but 4 yards wide making a total of 5 yards to the hole.  

silky4015:
    At times the shot slide sticks and the ball moves forward 1 yard and I’ve given a stoke that I didn’t play

This is a common problem. If you see the meter start to stutter do not click and the swing meter will just go through like a practice swing and not charge you a stroke.

silky4015:
    Other times I’m told I’ve hit the perfect shot to the green only to find that the ball is well short and in a bunker

A 'perfect' shot just means that you hit right on the line. It does not mean that you set the shot up properly.

Happy hitting

• bigbilldoh
    15 Posts
    Mon, Jan 25 2010 5:42 PM

this site sucks the big 1, no doubt

• mb386
    61 Posts
    Tue, Jan 26 2010 7:15 PM

Why play?

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2010 2:28 PM

mb386:
    bigbilldoh:
    this site sucks the big 1, no doubt
    Why play?

Well, it can't suck that bad...  he has spent money here. 

Here's good advice when you see another post like this...

• badtigger
    163 Posts
    Sun, Jan 31 2010 1:19 AM

no snake , maybe people should do like you do, play as pro forever, then no problem not to spend any $$ , your day will come just like most of us here, but I dought it, you'll just post a bad couple of games on here so you won't have to spend any $$ on here. but I guess that's a great hing to do. since wgt doesn't have any answers for any of us, if I could, or maybe I can, just change my profile and e- mail, and then I wont worry about spending $$ and losing it all thr time

• silky4015
    255 Posts
    Sun, Jan 31 2010 4:51 AM

Thanks chaps for the good advice, as for bad comments, well that’s just water of a duck’s back. If they are not happy then they know where the delete button is.

I’ve now worked my way up to Pro, but still getting used to the clubs and what they can do.  

RSS