Forums

Help › Forums

TWO Open Beta

Fri, Jan 22 2010 10:27 PM (9 replies)
  • oppy
    286 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2010 12:51 PM

Just for the record, TWO Open Beta has now begun......

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2010 1:41 PM

.. actually, it began 7 days ago..

Welcome to the fun!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2010 1:42 PM

Oh joyous occasion-now we get to hear all about it all over again.

• Crazyman2
    731 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2010 1:44 PM

Sorry,.........  what has TWO got to do with WGT. I have read endless articles/drivel about TWO in many, many threads (some of which were forced upon and off topic), in fact so much   Surely the exercise of these forums is to discuss the BETA stage and the forwarding of WGT  not TWO.

We are members of WGT  so why keep this constant commendation of "TWO has this TWO has that "

They areTWO (no pun intended) different companies.

Its a bit like working for Pepsi and singing the praises of Coca Cola.

Yes they are competitors , and I am sure each look at each other's progression on a regular basis (a natural occurence in business)  but should we not allow WGT time developing  its own strategy in progression rather than innudate them with news (which they are already aware) on their competitor?.

WGT set up forums to get feedback on their own product, not that of another company.

If this is not the case, then perhaps I am grossly mistaken. Far be it from little ol' me to upset the applecart for defending WGT, but I am a member of what I see as the most authentic golf game on the planet.

• oppy
    286 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2010 2:31 PM

Crazyman2:

Sorry,.........  what has TWO got to do with WGT. I have read endless articles/drivel about TWO in many, many threads (some of which were forced upon and off topic), in fact so much   Surely the exercise of these forums is to discuss the BETA stage and the forwarding of WGT  not TWO.

We are members of WGT  so why keep this constant commendation of "TWO has this TWO has that "

They areTWO (no pun intended) different companies.

Its a bit like working for Pepsi and singing the praises of Coca Cola.

Yes they are competitors , and I am sure each look at each other's progression on a regular basis (a natural occurence in business)  but should we not allow WGT time developing  its own strategy in progression rather than innudate them with news (which they are already aware) on their competitor?.

WGT set up forums to get feedback on their own product, not that of another company.

If this is not the case, then perhaps I am grossly mistaken. Far be it from little ol' me to upset the applecart for defending WGT, but I am a member of what I see as the most authentic golf game on the planet.

First of all, I only received the email that open beta had started today from EA Sports so I did not know it already started. I am not trying to praise TWO, I only said that it is open to everybody now. Do you object to this? This forum has a section for player's feedback, and it has many other threads, one of which is appropriate for a topic like this. This thread is neither off topic nor forced upon anyone. I was simply making an announcement.

• Crazyman2
    731 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2010 2:51 PM

Sorry oppy but in my opinion arguments for or against TWO have no place in WGT.

Maybe I am wrong. but I signed up to WGT for WGT not TWO. 

The essence of this site is surely WGT not TWO. 

I am not "having a go" at you for the topic.On the contrary I applaud varying views.  It's just what i think ( and what do I know)

We all have our own opinions, it's what makes the world go round ( or is it square?)

Keep smiling and Happy Golfin'

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2010 2:54 PM

oppy:
    I am not trying to praise TWO, I only said that it is open to everybody now. Do you object to this?

Yes.  Type TWO in the search box and you'll see why.

• Crazyman2
    731 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2010 3:06 PM

LOL Jim  i just did that  (typed "two") and got over 2300 results

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2010 9:17 PM

This topic is perfectly legitimate, although it would likely be more appropriately placed in the And Everything Else subsection. It's very useful to compare the 2 games' features; WGT can learn a lot from TWO, and vice versa.

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2010 10:27 PM

Hi,

Yeh - I dont have a problem with the topic.

I go to TWO to have a relaxing hit for fun. When I want the real thing I come back here.

Quite like the courses at TWO though. Nice variety.

It can never be WGT though.

Cheers Doug

RSS