Fri, Jan 22 2010 4:28 PM (40 replies)
  • NormH3
    214 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2010 8:45 AM

I'm just saying...

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2010 9:15 AM

Yes, the puppet on the right as opposed to the puppet on the left.

I'm just sayin'...

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2010 9:29 AM

I'm all for bringing back the Whig party.

I'm just sayin'...

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2010 10:56 AM

First off men shouldn't be wearing wigs,I'm just saying...lol.just kidding Marioh

Tibbets is exactly right, no matter who is in the White House all the way down to the dog house they are all in it to benifit corporate America and starve the little man out of buisness by over taxing them.

I hope Brown doesn't turn out to be like every other politician that has went to congress.

I'm for bringing back the Bible,you know the book they used to set up this country in the first place.

It has a quote in it that warn of the founding fathers of they're folly up front...A house divided cannot stand..  Republican v Democrat

• WojciechMigda
    158 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2010 11:10 AM

I was always curious what is the real reason why you've got only two parties dominating the main political scene. Is that just tradition or bc a regular citizen is really comfortable with that ? No need for a wider choice, more competitive market ?

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2010 11:36 AM

"Democracy is based on the assumption that a million men are wiser than one man. How`s that again? I missed something."

" Autocracy is based on the assumption that one man is wiser than a million men. Let`s play that over again too. Who decides?"

I`m just sayin`...

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2010 11:41 AM

GITrDONE:

First off men shouldn't be wearing wigs,I'm just saying...lol.just kidding Marioh

That's a brilliant idea, Whigs wearing wigs !   I nominate the old school British judge wigs.

Our politicians are a joke anyways.   May as well make them look funny as well.

• NormH3
    214 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2010 11:51 AM

marioh:

GITrDONE:

That's a brilliant idea, Whigs wearing wigs !   I nominate the old school British judge wigs.

Our politicians are a joke anyways.   May as well make them look funny as well.

When they aren't scary, they are hilarious, wigs or not.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2010 11:52 AM

GITrDONE:
    they are all in it to benifit corporate America and starve the little man out of buisness by over taxing them.

Heh-NY's latest trick is to pass legislation requiring all businesses to renew their Sales Tax Certificate. Been collecting and paying sales tax for over 30 years and now I have to renew my certificate?!  Oh-must be the $50 application fee they want. Duh.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2010 12:09 PM

WojciechMigda:

I was always curious what is the real reason why you've got only two parties dominating the main political scene. Is that just tradition or bc a regular citizen is really comfortable with that ? No need for a wider choice, more competitive market ?

Washington, despised party politics, however, Adams was a federalist believing in an all powerful central federal government vs Jefferson and the democratic republican party which favored a states rights republic. Hamilton favored monarchy. Jeffersonian politics prevailed with the 3rd, 4th and 5th presidents until Quincy Adams became the 6th president. The differance being the New England aristocrat vs the Southern farmer or, if you prefer, control vs freedom.

RSS