Forums

Help › Forums

Tiger's whereabouts

Wed, Jan 20 2010 8:24 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • lilmike24
    185 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2010 12:02 PM
    A new report on Tiger Woods just came out a couple minutes ago on Tiger Woods. A report says he is in a Mississippi sex rehab clinic. Do you think this is true? What exactly do you think about this news ? TY, Wgt, I'll take my master driver for breaking the news to you . PLZ
  • GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2010 3:03 PM

I'm down here in Mississippi and I heard it on the local radio station that he was in Hattisburg in a sex clinic,goood luck to him.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2010 12:29 AM

lilmike24:
    What exactly do you think about this news ?

I believe that just as an artist is totally separate from the works of art he/she created, so is an athlete separate from his or her achievements in the field of sports. No matter what Tiger's personal deficiencies may be, they do not diminish his sporting achievements one tiny bit. As to the tabloids' constantly focusing on the irrelevant (someone's personal issues) instead of on the relevant (someone's admirable achievements), it only attests to the perversion of the age we live in. Most people seem so bored with their own lives they can imagine no better, worthwhile occupation than to contemplate and enjoy other people's misery.

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2010 1:39 AM

faterson:
     Most people seem so bored with their own lives they can imagine no better, worthwhile occupation than to contemplate and enjoy other people's misery.

and that's the result of how the media dictates what we are to think and why the average american watches 142 hours of TV per month, which consist of programmes about other peoples lives.

George Washington - "It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible"

If only simple biblical principles were adhered to the world would be a better place

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2010 1:56 AM

(The trouble is, you can "cherry-pick" your biblical principles as well. Some of the greatest atrocities in human history have been justified by allegedly following biblical principles. I for one put the greatest reliance on every person's common sense and each person's potential to think independently for themselves, without undue influence from the commotion constantly surrounding and beating down on us, if that's possible at all in today's day and age.    Here's an old text by an American writer that I'd call "biblical" in the sense that everyone would be well-advised to follow what it says.)

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2010 3:18 AM

faterson:
    Some of the greatest atrocities in human history have been justified by allegedly following biblical principles.

very true.

also many atrocities have been done and justified in the name of Jesus but that doesn't make Him any less of who is and what he did and as to why 2 Billion people claim to believe he was who he said he was.

so the same is for the bible. it doesn't make the bible principles any less than they are on the basis that great atrocities have been justified by following the principles. 

faterson:
    I for one put the greatest reliance on every person's common sense and each person's potential to think independently for themselves, without undue influence from the commotion constantly surrounding and beating down on us, if that's possible at all in today's day and age.

thats the thing Faterson. its not possible. "Life imitates art far more than art imitates Life." - Oscar Wilde. the majority of common people will continue to be governed by the media and entertainment and therefore as the years go on, people actually thinking  for themselves is becoming more uncommon. and both you and i know that common sense unfortunately, consists of what people in common would agree on.

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2010 3:20 AM

the bible is full of good morals, ethics and life principles. it always has done and always will do. and the world would be a better place if (as mentioned in my original thread ) biblical principles were adhered to

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2010 3:28 AM

eternalspirit:
    the majority of common people will continue to be governed by the media and entertainment and therefore as the years go on, people actually thinking  for themselves is becoming more uncommon.

I'm not so skeptical.    I believe that if smart people continue exposing the depraved nature of much of the modern media, then this can, in the long term, reduce the media's impact on society.

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2010 4:02 AM

Faterson:
    I'm not so skeptical.    I believe that if smart people continue exposing the depraved nature of much of the modern media, then this can, in the long term, reduce the media's impact on society

absolutely! your bang on, but it all lies of "IF".

answer me these questions if you will:

1. who decides what "the media" publishes? 
    2. is the percentage of "society reading good solid books" increasing or decreasing? 
    3. where do our children get morals and ethics from if we don't read any more? 

unfortunately the the media publishes what sells (whether morally correct or not). take for example what is shown on TV; during the afternoon now, a bottle of shampoo cant be advertised with out a fully naked woman holding it. whether you mind it or not, it is morally wrong and does no set an example to younger kids.

therefore my point being that the media does not place what is right or wrong above what makes them money.

"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." - 1 Timothy 6:10

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2010 4:12 AM

eternalspirit:
    1. who decides what "the media" publishes?

The people who work for the media. They have the freedom not to work for depraved media, and then there'd be no one left to write and disseminate the trash.  

eternalspirit:
    2. is the percentage of "society reading good solid books" increasing or decreasing?

Wouldn't know for sure, and probably no one does, but every one of us can contribute to quality getting recognized, by thrashing the worthless.

eternalspirit:
    therefore my point being that the media does not place what is right or wrong above what makes them money.

Yeah. What I'm saying is that a "revolt of the decent people" can change the media's focus, in the long run. If no one buys Tiger's sex stories any longer, then the media will stop flooding us with them.

• PAGES
RSS