Forums

Help › Forums

Barbeque Invitation

Sun, Jan 17 2010 11:25 AM (5 replies)
  • Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Jan 17 2010 8:46 AM

Here's a thought: What if I threw a big barbeque and invited the 25-35 core posters in the forum? We'd start the day on the golf course (reserved that day just for us) as a 35some. 60 second shot clock per player. Nobody can wear their WGT name badges; you must keep those in your pocket until later.

Lot's of grilled seafood, burgers, ribs and steak at the barbeque. Beer, wine, mixed drinks... milk. And lot's of good conversation.

How many of this group do you think you'd recognize?

And then the call to put on your WGT badges!

How correct were you in who you recognized?

Sunday morning musings...

• Crazyman2
    731 Posts
    Sun, Jan 17 2010 9:18 AM

Great Idea Double. lol

But who would be in charge?  Would there be any under-age allowances? and would some have more than one badge  lol? Who is the milk for?  Oh...is anyone allowed to stutter on the course during a swing?

Keep smiling & Happy Golfin'

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Jan 17 2010 9:39 AM

Funny! Larger badges for those special guests would feature all aliases. The milk is for those under-age.

I am in charge. :)

Oh, and did I forget to mention, everyone must try to dress similar to their avatar. Can you imagine the amazement of the golf course staff?! Not to mention the amusement of my neighbors when they see the barbeque in progress? "Look Ethel! Twelve men at Double's barbeque are wearing the same green shirt and white pants!"

• Crazyman2
    731 Posts
    Sun, Jan 17 2010 10:27 AM

You forgot to mention that Ethel also replies to the neighbours  " And .. .. Well....would ya look at that.....some of them are identical twins...in fact there are also two sets of identical triplets"

• Crazyman2
    731 Posts
    Sun, Jan 17 2010 10:55 AM

Oh I forgot to ask... Is it a circular course?  and how many times do we have to go around it? I hope its not many .. Doncha just hate going round in circles.

I expect I will draw the short straw and end up with a caddy of some description.....a tea-caddy no doubt!

Keep smiling & Happy Golfin'

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Jan 17 2010 11:25 AM
    I'm thinking of reserving two courses. A regulation 18 and a CTTH course for those of us who only want to hit 9 shots. And after everyone has imbibed a sleeve of drinks (3 of 'em) your next drink will default to bottled water, of which I have an endless supply.
RSS