• Rayj00
    43 Posts
    Fri, Jan 30 2009 1:54 PM

Please remove it!!!

• TitleistPro
    94 Posts
    Thu, Feb 12 2009 2:09 PM

LOL  

This is the most interesting and biased suggestion I have heard on this site to date.

It's TOO hard, I can't do it,  so get rid of it.  

It is a golf hole.

It is laid out this way on the real golf course, beside the ocean.  

Pete Dye (what a hack designer, huh)  designed it to have to have the most seaside holes in the Northern Hemisphere (10).  The famed site of the "War by the Shore" the 1991 Ryder Cup matches.  Soon to host the 2012 PGA Championships, yeah it is terrible.

Hmmmm get rid of it.

Sorry, had to throw some light on this suggestion.

How about get better, practice and learn to play the hole and the course.

God Bless, 

TP

• wlpgolf
    7 Posts
    Mon, Feb 23 2009 8:58 AM

Having played this course in real life, #4 is really as tough as it is here.  #9 is my nemisis in this game. It is the only hole I haven't birdied but I did when I played for real.  (Crazy game)

• Rayj00
    43 Posts
    Mon, Feb 23 2009 9:18 AM

If I can get by with Par on #4...great...

Usually I bogey or double bogey.....

• TXBowhunter
    82 Posts
    Mon, Feb 23 2009 12:04 PM

I am always happy with a par.  But one time I was laying 3 only 9" from the hole.

• Jessa03
    8 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2009 5:31 AM

My only complaint about this hole is that it would be much more fun to play it with different pin locations.  The hole is the most challenging on the game and is the best hole they have, but a different pin location would make it easier at times and make things better overall.  I would like to see the pin's change week to week.

• mosherkl
    110 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2009 8:29 PM

Personally, on this one I'd just like to see a driver and 3 wood with about 25 yards more distance to them. I always seem to get this hole with a 5 or 6 mph wind blowing directly at the tee. My drive goes about 200 - 205 yards and then I have 215 or so with the 3 wood (which is almost impossible with a headwind). I'm practically guaranteed to NEVER get a birdie on this hole without draining a 45 ft putt if I manage to just get on the green or unless I hole out a chip shot.

• tomab
    512 Posts
    Thu, Mar 12 2009 3:07 AM

I usually par on this, but yes, the distance is a problem. Unless you have wind from behind you don’t reach the green in 2 and need a very accurate 3. shot. (That is from Amateur tee)

I also like to put 1.st shot left on the green to avoid the problems on the right side.

Give max top spin when you hit against the wind.

Tom

• darkage47
    57 Posts
    Fri, Mar 13 2009 3:55 PM

I agree with Jessa. I think different hole locations would not only keep the game interesting, it would keep the scores alittle more realistic and give all players, regardless of skill, a chance to place on leaderboards.

• jbowles824
    67 Posts
    Thu, Mar 19 2009 12:29 PM

I think the hole you are discussing is the hole I keep having trouble with. I have been playing the skill challenge just so I can keep playing this hole.

As you can see by my ranking, I am no where as good as most of the players on this site. But if you view my replay on this hole which i saved, you can see the shot I have come up with for the approach to the green.

I am aiming to the left of the bunker. The wind is usually blowing from left to right. I can repeat this shot only 2 out of 10 times, but this shows it can be done.

• PAGES
RSS