Forums

Help › Forums

Stuck in Amateur Category

rated by 0 users
Sun, Feb 8 2009 3:15 PM (5 replies)
  • Archercollins
    3 Posts
    Fri, Jan 30 2009 11:15 AM

Why have I been stuck in the AM category for 4 days with a 72 average?  Not a big fan of the added distance w/o the use of better clubs.  Seems kind of crappy to me.  There are a bunch of folks in Hack with 69 averages and have been there for a while (I've seen their avgs change so I know they're playing). 

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Jan 30 2009 1:41 PM

Once you hit the AM tier (below 69 avg), you're stuck there.  You can't move back down, unfortunately.

Some of those folks are probably sandbagging their scores to avoid competing in the Amateur tier. 

That's kinda like holding yourself back in the 5th grade because you don't want the 8th graders to beat you up when you switch schools. :D

• Archercollins
    3 Posts
    Fri, Jan 30 2009 2:37 PM

Thanks for the response.  Hopefully those new clubs will come out soon.  I don't like AM status...

• driving
    51 Posts
    Fri, Jan 30 2009 6:47 PM

my oppinion is not the distance but that 55yrd shot that eagled as a hack leaves a 9ft put for birdie in amateur statis

• TitleistPro
    94 Posts
    Fri, Feb 6 2009 1:08 PM

Isn't a 55 yard shot the same no matter what category you are in?  It's still 55 yards  it doesn't come up 9 yards short at any level of play unless you miss.

sorry just being honest.   If I miss a shot on the course that I made the day before it isn't the clubs fault.

• cartgolf
    5 Posts
    Sun, Feb 8 2009 3:15 PM

see how many people have eagles when they start as a hack and how many they get after making am. for % of shots done

RSS