Forums

Help › Forums

Printable Nike Daytona and Ghost Putter Distance Scales

Tue, Oct 10 2017 11:15 PM (100 replies)
  • Stanhird
    491 Posts
    Sat, Jan 21 2012 4:40 PM

Hi RUNWME

I don't get on here to often but I would just like to thank you for sharing this information.

I do read the forums a lot and see a lot of people "BAG' the top players at WGT.

These charts are priceless and have been a tremendous help to me.

I have just started to "see" the putting lines and with your help with the distance control have been sinking some mind blowing putts. I am a Legend with average 63.21 and dropping thanks to your kind help.

Hopefully now the "knockers" can be silenced.

Stan

• RUNWME
    1,011 Posts
    Sat, Jan 21 2012 6:04 PM

Stanhird:

Hi RUNWME

I don't get on here to often but I would just like to thank you for sharing this information.

I do read the forums a lot and see a lot of people "BAG' the top players at WGT.

These charts are priceless and have been a tremendous help to me.

I have just started to "see" the putting lines and with your help with the distance control have been sinking some mind blowing putts. I am a Legend with average 63.21 and dropping thanks to your kind help.

Hopefully now the "knockers" can be silenced.

Stan

Thanks for your words. I'm  glad its helping others.  If you get putting distance correct and it is much easier to learn how to read putts. ( I do all my reading putts  in reverse view)   There are a lot of top players posting links  , guides and videos to help others.   http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/7840/49253.aspx  This one iconian did was invaluable when I was learning short game.   Search  youtube for videos suncity bolloxinbruges priestess and other top  players who  took time to make and post.  I learn everytime watching those livesteams different approaches to holes.

For those who can't see the whole thing, Right click on it and choose VIEW image for full size mode. I've got it printed off sitting right here beside me.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Jan 21 2012 6:23 PM

People please, is all this really necessary for a computer game. Very, very nice for someone to take the time to do this, but really. I have never seen anyone in real golf, lay out a gauge or any other device to measure their putt. I am getting close to making legend, and have never used a single tool to get here. No notes, no gauges, no calculators that make me take 60-90 seconds to take my shot. It is just like in real golf, use your own skills, ability and memory to play. If you need a journal to play a computer game, then all I can say is,  you may have some serious issues, that need dealt with right away. If I am in an AS game on here, and it has a 90 second timer, if you take more than 30-45 seconds to shoot, that is a major annoyance. Do you take a minute and a half to swing in real golf? If you do, please don't invite me to play. I am renniw52, and I have approved this message.

• RUNWME
    1,011 Posts
    Sat, Jan 21 2012 6:44 PM

renniw52:

People please, is all this really necessary for a computer game. Very, very nice for someone to take the time to do this, but really. I have never seen anyone in real golf, lay out a gauge or any other device to measure their putt. I am getting close to making legend, and have never used a single tool to get here. No notes, no gauges, no calculators that make me take 60-90 seconds to take my shot. It is just like in real golf, use your own skills, ability and memory to play. If you need a journal to play a computer game, then all I can say is,  you may have some serious issues, that need dealt with right away. If I am in an AS game on here, and it has a 90 second timer, if you take more than 30-45 seconds to shoot, that is a major annoyance. Do you take a minute and a half to swing in real golf? If you do, please don't invite me to play. I am renniw52, and I have approved this message.

Renni, i think you are misunderstanding. This is a simple chart to REDUCE time to take a shot.  You can view it at a glance and know how hard to hit your putt to have better chance at sinking that birdie putt.  The more birdies you have, the quicker you can play a round.   I enjoy playing quickly and  while im not the fastest player , can shoot a 30  on 9 hole readygo in  11 mins.  That equals 22 seconds a shot  and not counting anytime for hole or scorecard loading.   It is cool you are almost a legend and enjoy doing it freestyle, but dont begrudge others for taking a more deliberate approach to putting.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Jan 21 2012 9:27 PM

Wasn't my intent at all, I know this was a lot of work, and it is a great help for many players on here. I'm just too old school I quess.

• titus1919
    130 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2012 1:25 PM

renniw52:

I do more caculations than you can imagine and can play a 30 sec game. People play this game for their reasons who are you to put someones work down because you play in another manor.  If you see something that helps people and you don't like it keep your pie hole shut.  I am tierd of seeing people that put sugestions that have helped them out there to maybe help others get crapped on because they are trying to help others.

I will now exit my soap box.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2012 1:37 PM

Please note that RenniW already posted his mea culpa.   He essentially apologized... you don't need to jump all over him.

And "pie hole" is so 1992.

• mel1950
    2,887 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2012 4:04 PM

I have seen top Pro players irl take a lot longer than 90 sec's before deciding to take a shot. You never see them Doing any calculations themselves because if they have a caddy worth his salt he has already sorted out the sums for the player. And, using a calculator and satnav of some kind.Golf is all about equations and calculations. In my opinion for what it's worth, the more aids to make it easier the better.

Thanks for your post and having all the calculations for putting worked out. All I have to do now is add the distance to the elevation add 2 for power and work out the break.

Nothing hard in that!!!!!!!---------is there? LOL:~))

Happy Golfing.

MEL

• Stanhird
    491 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2012 8:01 PM

LOL

Now you can see why I don,t use the forum very often.

Geez all I was doing was saying thanks to RUNWME for sharing this info.

When it comes to the TOP players here on WGT re: sharing information.

It seems its" damned if they do and damned if they don,t".

Good luck to all you "knockers" it seems you all have the natural abilites to make it to the top. Well done.

Stan

• skccvb
    799 Posts
    Tue, Mar 6 2012 6:48 AM

RUNWME:
    My wife the spreadsheet guru made this for me in about 2 mins  to use when trying the Nike Putter.  Use it with Putterpal  scale which has lines at 10% increments

Thank you - these scales are invaluable! Saves a ton of 'math on the fly', and its not cheating!!

RSS