Forums

Help › Forums

Cutting out or quitting before game is finished.

Sun, Jan 24 2010 3:11 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • mike1996July31
    2 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2010 12:18 PM
    Really hate when players are so childish as to quitt as soon as they are one or two shots behind. even at end of FIRST hole... Find a place to play alone. if you can't hack it..! Let those of us who love the game and a competitor good enough to make us sharpen our game. .. Our game is great, Chance to win a trip to meet other international players is thrill of a klife-time. If I pay to get in a game and someone whimped out, real time for no good reason other than they're behind. I'd have him or her BLACK-Balled .. for REAL. using real shoe polish and India -Ink.. lol Just had a goame where all three whimped out and only notes whare about some one eating the putt.. Really players? what fun was that? !??X
  • Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2010 12:23 PM

Mike,

The best advice I can give is join the LADDER. No quitters and some great players.

Happy hitting

• mike1996July31
    2 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2010 2:01 PM

Soulcatcher:

Mike,

The best advice I can give is join the LADDER. No quitters and some great players.

Happy hitting

Thanks. I'll just stick to this. Already a member of enough groups. But no more group golfing outside friend circles un less I do inviting. Or am invited by a friend on my list.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2010 2:24 PM

Yeah, but it gets a bit boring to play with the same friends all the time. The good thing about the ladders site is that hundreds of players are registered there, you can still play with anyone (and someone new) that you happen to meet there, while being protected from quitters.  

• theshortdriver
    138 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2010 11:59 PM

Thought I was done a while ago talking about quitters on here,but there are so many that do not play this game for the fun it offers,most quit because of bad shots made by them and only them,they then click ..X...to get out of the round as fast as they can and will not wait till their next shot to forfeit the game.. and those players were never planning on rejoining the round in the first place as they are such poor sports...to me the..X..icon should only be clicked if you have to reset the round,but if you do that please try to rejoin the round, but if you were not planning on rejoining the round anyways because you have no sportsmanship in you..then forfeit the game even if you have to wait till your next shot to do it,the ones that just do it and do not return.. I wish would get some penalty that would stop this..like a maybe a two or three stroke penalty on their next round.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Jan 23 2010 4:02 AM

WGT will be implementing reputation tracking, which will be a perfectly sufficient solution, shortdriver. (Provided it's implemented correctly.) It will allow us to avoid quitters easily, and we don't really need to ask for more, do we?

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sat, Jan 23 2010 8:15 AM

ShortDriver... for now one of the surest ways to get around quitters is to play match play.  In match play nobody is "protecting" their average score, so they're more likely to finish.  Your opponent might quit when she/he is way down to you, but I've never had anyone quit on me in match play at the outset.  And the conversation between just two players tends to go better.

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Sat, Jan 23 2010 10:31 AM

it seems like just yesterday there was a post on quitters, oh wait there was and the day before that and the day before that and so on and so on. who cares who plays who quits. give it a rest please. JB

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Jan 24 2010 5:00 AM

Thousands of us care, because this is an urgent, burning issue, troubling us every single day. And it won't disappear, until it is resolved, by correctly implementing reputation tracking.

As to the forums, all threads dealing with quitters should of course be merged into a single thread, and then no one can object to this issue being discussed on a daily basis. That's exactly what discussion forums are for: to discuss issues, and the quitters issue is one of the hottest related to this web site.

In the meantime, Benny, to paraphrase you, "it seems like just yesterday there was a post by jbenny11 complaining about quitters threads, oh wait there was, and the day before that, and the day before that, and so on and so on. Give it a rest please." Thanks!  

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Jan 24 2010 1:59 PM

Faterson:

beating-a-dead-horse.gif Beating a dead horse image by RaulMonkey

• PAGES
RSS