Forums

Help › Forums

Bunker to pin advice

Sat, May 30 2020 7:18 AM (48 replies)
  • ScottHope
    9,981 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2016 3:17 PM

web513:
    are.you.serious..who..the..hell.has that much time to figure that out???..Albert Einstein...what tier is he...SUPER DUPER WGT GOLF LEGEND???
    You obviously don't have a very high opinion of Albe if you consider that he would bother with such a trivial thing.

@hatcojack, You insult Puttluck's post by calling it 'gibberish' and then quote it in full 3 times because you don't know what you're doing. At least he is trying to help people play the game better, what is it that you're attempting to achieve, apart from wasting server space?

• Robert1893
    7,647 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2016 3:57 PM

ScottHope:
    I was only trying to make Puttlucks formula easier to understand, guess I shouldn't have wasted my time.  : (

It wasn't a waste time. At least, not to me it wasn't. I was going to use that flowchart. Did you delete it because I don't see it anymore. Can you message it to me or do you have it posted somewhere else. It looked great to me. 

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2016 4:20 PM

ScottHope:
    Puttlucks formula easier to understand

It was.

ScottHope:
    wasted my time

It wasn't  ... I printed it :-)

• web513
    79 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2016 6:21 AM

my good friend there was no intent to hurt anyone's feelings....very simply sad I'm sorry...so in closing I will say...mangage the course....drive for show...putt for dough$$$...and most important of all...stay the hell out of the bunkers..and leave your slide ruler in your bag..later..and hit em' straight

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2016 8:39 AM

Real steep golf bunkers are a doodle.

Ask your mate to go to flag and hold it high so you can see it

Shout that as you are up against face, and you will have to bend right into shot, thus disappearing from his view.

In one hand take ball and mittfull of sand

In other hand wave club

Throw ball and sand out.

Hey presto

;-)

P.S Nice graphic Scott (ive got a mate who would have done that for you) ;-)

• Robert1893
    7,647 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2016 10:28 AM

web513:
    stay the hell out of the bunkers..

Well, if that's all it takes, what are people having all this angst about? ;-)

Of course, one could also say, "no risk, no reward." And I've always found it easier to putt for dough when I'm closer to the hole. :-) 

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Fri, Apr 29 2016 9:04 PM

Fantastic outline for getting out of bunkers. I looked at a couple of the replays mentioned in OP and wasn't able to discern whether they were all full shots or pitch/punch? Any tips for discerning when to use each shot type out of bunkers?

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Fri, Apr 29 2016 9:27 PM

Practice !! That is how most do it !!!

• tipotto
    14 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2016 6:43 AM

i undrstand your formula but what if i have a 12yard shot in 20pourcent sand what do i use

• duffputt
    314 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2016 10:43 AM

Most bunkers are 30/40% so here are carry distance and total distance on a flat green using a 60Y wedge full shot type full backspin (cleve wedge, nike ball).

These figures are easier to use when noted on a piece of paper.

45% 10y carry 16y total

50% 12y carry 17y total

55% 14y carry 20y total

60% 16y carry 22y total

65% 19y carry 24y total

70% 23y carry 27y total

75% 26y carry 31y total

80% 29y carry 36y total

85% 33y carry 40y total

Experience will teach how to take slope into consideration. Remember green speed also has a little to say

RSS