Forums

Help › Forums

Averages aka Masters

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jan 6 2010 10:30 AM (9 replies)
  • KodiVet
    13 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 4:23 PM

I'm sorry but I have a hard time believing that anyone can have a 58 average regardless of luck, clubs or eye-hand coordination. That only leaves one alternative that I won't mention at this point. There must be some way to verify these scores and how they were accomplished. Thirty on BP back nine is just plain unrealistic short of a couple of eagles or better. Sorry but this is just not possible.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 5:10 PM

I checked the leader board of one of the ready to go's last night and this guy is sitting in first place with a 58 for a full 18 on Bethpage Black.Unreal, but I guess it's not impossible.

I would like to see it to believe it  though...

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 6:33 PM

GITrDONE:

I checked the leader board of one of the ready to go's last night and this guy is sitting in first place with a 58 for a full 18 on Bethpage Black.Unreal, but I guess it's not impossible.

I would like to see it to believe it  though...

Wasn't it just yesterday that you posted your first 29. It puzzles me why you may have doubt about someone shooting 58.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 7:04 PM

Thats was on the easiest 9 on the game.I can barely shoot par on Beth.I'd like to see it so I can learn how to do it.Thats a tough course for some of us.

• drivnchaos
    286 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 7:23 PM

If you would care to look at my profile, you will see I posted a score card from my best round at Bethpage.  You can see I was able to get 4 birdies on the back nine. If it wasn't for my stupidity on 17, I didn't notice that my putter was set to a fifty foot range( on the fringe ), I could have easily made that putt for par.  Then on 18 I totally misclicked my 6 ft birdie putt. 30 is an obtainable score.  Look at my score history and you will see that I am not the best of players.  

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 8:19 PM

I never could play Bethpage back nine, through any tier. I find BP hard now due to the V2 rapture pro irons just aren't long enough to reach some holes adequately and par or worse is my best after four month's of play. The G10's for master is what's needed to play successfully on BP back nine. the 210 yard 3i will reach those long holes, IMO.

The V2 pros have adequate length on Kiawah, but that goes without saying.

Anything is possible in golf, be it on a real golf course or the online variety.

Edit: I proved my theory right. I shot a 64 today on Bethpage. With golf, anything truly is possible.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 9:12 PM

It is hard to believe what can be done here. If you are ready to upgrade to something even more grim to swallow, check out what Botox shot at the BPB multi-round...53

• brandi35
    295 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 10:17 PM

LOL...Bolly my friend,  I will talk to you in irc about the botox....hehe

I think you meant Bolox, but if you were trying to be funny, then my apologies :)  Either way, it is pretty funny.....

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 10:42 PM
    my low on BP is 58, back is 28, front is 29... you just need to get into the groove and the right wind. :)
  • bernie1960
    3 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2010 10:30 AM

I think the avg you are looking for is more like 68 rather than 58! Now after playing for about two months,find the easiest nine holes for your liking and the minute you bogey quit and start over and you should accomplish your goal and have a rating as master.That will do nothing for the reason you cant play like one consistently unless you stick it out like most of us.You can tell all the frauds by going to their profile,master with 68 avg. and the best 18 hole round is 81.So you can't lie to yourself so just practice and it will come in time.Good putting and chipping skills are half the battle.So go practice 18 holes and make the most of it "practice" when you get to and around the green,putt your ball off the green and chip and pitch etc.......Good luck and don't cheat yourself  

RSS