Forums

Help › Forums

How to properly use chip and pitch clubs: A guide V2.0

Thu, Aug 3 2023 5:05 PM (335 replies)
  • WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Aug 7 2019 1:00 PM

mymechi:

hello, just wondering by your profile name, are you by  "Armenian" nationality by any chance? 

Hi

I am not. :)

-wgticon

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Wed, Aug 7 2019 1:21 PM

• AchkataSS
    4 Posts
    Fri, Nov 22 2019 5:19 PM

Advices worth here worth less than  bubble gum price.......Do chips and pitch shots by sense.I have no problem to do 40-50+ pitch...or 4-5+ chip.....Game stats are inconsitent,grid is mostly fake(for decend chip/pitch switch to putter,check grid and aim tuen switch to the chipping/pitching club and do the shot)....and dont forget to remove the pin if you aim for holing,cuz the pin always robbing us !

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 5:37 PM

AchkataSS:
    Advices worth here worth less than  bubble gum price.

Took you 4+ years and 99 rounds to come to that conclusion? You must be exhausted for all the research.

• BOZskills
    391 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 7:14 PM

Lmao,YJ!!

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Fri, Nov 29 2019 2:19 PM

YankeeJim:
    Took you 4+ years and 99 rounds to come to that conclusion? You must be exhausted for all the research.

Stats never lie!

• SCarolinamama
    2 Posts
    Sun, Apr 5 2020 11:25 PM

Thank you!  

• NickolasMagos
    33 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2020 4:38 AM

I think you said that chipping and pitching distances are rated from 30-40 rough lies.  It makes sense because when I use what the caddie tells me to from the fairway I ALWAYS go 15 to 30 feet PAST the hole and its frustrating.  Plus I didn't know how to use the putting grid on these shots and was hitting blind.  Now at least I figured out this part and can save myself making bogies and double bogies FOOLISHLY.  With some practice I have managed to get it 3 to 5 feet from the hole reliably.

My only question is there an official guide for hitting from the rough, bunkers, how to play chip and pitch shots, how to adjust for wind, etc?  I do appreciate experienced players chiming in with their knowledge, but there might be some guess work involved and not 100 percent accurate.

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2020 11:38 AM

NickolasMagos:

I think you said that chipping and pitching distances are rated from 30-40 rough lies.  It makes sense because when I use what the caddie tells me to from the fairway I ALWAYS go 15 to 30 feet PAST the hole and its frustrating.  Plus I didn't know how to use the putting grid on these shots and was hitting blind.  Now at least I figured out this part and can save myself making bogies and double bogies FOOLISHLY.  With some practice I have managed to get it 3 to 5 feet from the hole reliably.

My only question is there an official guide for hitting from the rough, bunkers, how to play chip and pitch shots, how to adjust for wind, etc?  I do appreciate experienced players chiming in with their knowledge, but there might be some guess work involved and not 100 percent accurate.

With starter wedges and ball, that is probably as best as its going to get.  WGT has no instructions, the best you are going to get is experienced players chiming in. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2020 3:14 PM

NickolasMagos:
    but there might be some guess work involved and not 100 percent accurate.

This is the game, in a nutshell. The pro players face the exact same thing when they play. That's what makes this particular golf game so much fun-it really, really replicates the RL game quite well. What you see here you see on TV in following the Pro Tour.

And yes, it's a bit of a guess to get it right but that guess is influenced by how much you practice. More importantly, how well you know your equipment and what you can do with it, regardless of what you're swinging. Course knowledge and management go a long way to making good scores.

Equipment has a lot to do with it but isn't a block to having fun and pretending you're a real golfer. LOL. It's all in the attitude and desire.   ;-)

RSS