Forums

Help › Forums

How to properly use chip and pitch clubs: A guide V2.0

Thu, Aug 3 2023 5:05 PM (335 replies)
  • ROBELLIOT
    234 Posts
    Thu, May 8 2014 6:36 PM

Hi ED , sorry been unable to reply until now, i have posted an example of how i select a practice game to suite my own practice requirements or whatever either my opponent & my self decide on.

The most important  part is how you collate the info you gather , the only limit is dependent on your pain threshold ,)  

• Kinduvabigdeal
    2 Posts
    Wed, Jun 4 2014 2:23 AM

Chipping is awful. You can be at a perfect greenside lie, hit full power and hear the ding for a perfect shot, and the ball chunks ahead two feet. I literally did this FOUR straight times at Pinehurst number 4. All but one were perfect hits.

I realize chipping is a difficult shot prone to problems. But come on. My 6-year old son isn't going to hit the same two foot chunk shot four times in a row.

• Dougie4042
    4,399 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 9:58 PM

iconian:
    You're trying to chip a 35yd shot. Your ball will land about 9 yrds away, and roll another 26 yds. That's a 78 ft roll where the break of the green will influence your shot.

Say what?  Lol.  ;-)

• Marco129
    275 Posts
    Sat, Aug 2 2014 8:08 PM

ROBELLIOT:

Hi ED , sorry been unable to reply until now, i have posted an example of how i select a practice game to suite my own practice requirements or whatever either my opponent & my self decide on.

The most important  part is how you collate the info you gather , the only limit is dependent on your pain threshold ,)  

Hello Robelliot,

I clicked your link on your practice routine and it brought me to your profile. I didn't see it in your blog posts. Has it been removed, is it a bad link, or are my old tired eyes failing me?

I am looking to learn, practice makes perfect, and learning from the best is better.

Thanks in advance for your help.

- Mark

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Aug 2 2014 10:35 PM

For everybody that is a bit confused....

When you Click the 'Play Now' button...  the game screen will open.  Then Click Stroke Play... where the Red Arrow is.

Then this screen will come up...  select a course (red arrows) and conditions then click 'Tee Off'....  You can also change the 'Game Mode'  to whatever you want.

When in Practice Mode....  you can practice any shot in the game and re-practise by hitting the Mulligan.   Test out different shots in wind conditions...  not forgetting the amount of spin you use.

-Roger

• Mfree
    4 Posts
    Fri, Aug 8 2014 5:22 AM

Where do you practice?

• WGTyphoon
    597 Posts
    Fri, Aug 8 2014 12:05 PM

Mfree:

Where do you practice?

You can do practice rounds for many of the game modes. Perhaps try practicing chipping at Bethpage. As provided in a screenshot above you can select Practice in the game mode section.

• DakotaDog61
    115 Posts
    Sun, Aug 10 2014 7:40 AM

Excellent tutorial. Many thanks for this!

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Aug 11 2014 7:04 AM

Good work here. I wish I had desire to use it. I never pitch...ever. I chip very rarely, only when it somehow seems like a done deal chip-in. I flop and punch almost everything. A better way ? Beats me.

• ROBELLIOT
    234 Posts
    Tue, Aug 12 2014 3:47 PM

Mark i'm sorry , i have only just seen your reply to this thread .You are correct the link you referred to no longer exists, Ordinarily i would have posted the screen shot here but was unable to, hence the re route to my profile. Thanks too Mantis for a clear , concise post explaining how to set up a game.

RSS