Forums

Help › Forums

How to properly use chip and pitch clubs: A guide V2.0

Thu, Aug 3 2023 5:05 PM (335 replies)
  • JWAGOLFINSTRCTR
    8 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 6:29 AM

Excellent info. However this game is so structured as to what you " have" to do it doesn't give you room for imagination and thats what the real game is about. How for instance can you take excellent swing on the meter and not move the ball at all out of a sand trap? This is bogus. How can hit an excellent shot with a 175yd club and have the ball go half that distance in 10/20 % rough. I'm getting so frustrated with this game that I don't enjoy playing it anymore.

• Sanco
    1,345 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2011 11:39 PM

Also Eline Woods had a curious use of a PW sometime ago, not quite what you may call orthodox but did a lot of damage on Tiger's game and she won several million dollars in one shot.

I would call that a perfect shot out of the rough.

• kevfino
    8 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2011 9:00 PM

Thanks for the tips I like the way you explain things .  Best of Luck   Kevfino

• wildcat18racing6
    420 Posts
    Sat, Mar 19 2011 8:17 AM

When all of the above tips dont work for you. reach down when no one is looking, pick up your ball and throw it onto the green and finish your pretend swing. everyone will tell you how great a shot that was. and you will walk up to your ball to mark it with a smile on your face. :-P

• hugomparaujo
    5 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2011 7:31 AM

Hi everyone, as a new player I would like to know how to make the ball do not roll when hit the floor? The ball allways falls into the green but roll a lot... Can someone give me a tip for this?! Thanks.

• TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2011 10:26 AM

JWAGOLFINSTRCTR:

Excellent info. However this game is so structured as to what you " have" to do it doesn't give you room for imagination and thats what the real game is about. How for instance can you take excellent swing on the meter and not move the ball at all out of a sand trap? This is bogus. How can hit an excellent shot with a 175yd club and have the ball go half that distance in 10/20 % rough. I'm getting so frustrated with this game that I don't enjoy playing it anymore.

Well get use to it, it's the way it is. Unless you spend $$$$ and buy the latest and greatest clubs, balls, etc WGT has you will continue to have that problem. I've complained many times that the starter clubs in particular come up short off the fairway with a clean hit on the dings by a good 40yrds!  They'll tell you that you have to compensate for wind, elevation, your computer isn't good enough, your software isn't good enough, your undershorts are the wrong size, etc.  It's all designed to make YOU HAVE TO SPEND MONEY!  DUH!!!

• normnjs
    51 Posts
    Wed, Apr 6 2011 11:03 PM

i used chip under 8 yds and holed them or most with yd.  Done few times on 18 of kiwah

First use back spin with 60 degree wedge or sand and like Icons comment never more 2 yds of the green.  6ys full power so make adjustment for slope and break.

• coyfritzman
    6 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2011 12:12 PM

geeeez...someone has alittle too much time on their hands..its not all that scientific..lotta luck involved too..u cant tell me u hit the meter that scientifically and consistent  every time..just like real golf..some degree of mis--hit is always involved...cudos for the effort.. 

thanks for the memories,

coyfritzman

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2011 2:47 PM

TracyMax:
    Well get use to it, it's the way it is. Unless you spend $$ and buy the latest and greatest clubs, balls, etc WGT has you will continue to have that problem.

This is hogwash, Tracy, and you know it. This game thrives on imagination and there are plenty of creative ways to play these courses that don't require wads of money, if any at all.

@ JW-There are certain things you can't do here just like IRL. Your sand shot probably muffed because you tried to hit a partial shot with the wrong club. Learn the Cardinal Rule about swinging more than 70% on these types of shots. Would you teach a student of yours to baby a flop out of a trap? Or to try to take a finesse swing out of heavy rough close to the green? Probably not.

This article spells out how to do it. Take the time to understand what it says.I read it again every once in a while just to remind myself. Play this game as you would IRL within the limitations of it-just learn the limitations. It all lends itself to a very close to real golf outing. GL

RSS