Help › Forums

How to properly use chip and pitch clubs: A guide V2.0

Thu, Aug 3 2023 5:05 PM (335 replies)
  • SOYEL1
    698 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 2:37 PM

Chef6971:

Cheffie :-)

So you learn all that in two months? Or in another life? How can you disregard what others are posting as their own experience? It's a good try but everyone has their own book.

• Chef6971
    30 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 8:37 PM

yep 3 months... Basic math, common sense and a lot of practice using round numbers :-)

• Edward801
    4 Posts
    Tue, May 6 2014 1:48 PM

I discovered your website about 2-3 weeks ago, and as someone who has played this game for 50 years, I was astounded at how realistic a game you have created. When you play golf at your website, you must think as if you were actually playing a round of golf.

Chip and pitch shots seem to be the most difficult for me. Have you considered adding a practice area to your website. For me, the most important would be a practice area for sand traps, pitch and chip shots.

Ed Goldberg (edward801)

ehgoldberg@yahoo.com

• ROBELLIOT
    234 Posts
    Tue, May 6 2014 3:56 PM

Hi Ed , you can set game mode to practice , whereby you will be able to use the mulligan feature. You can then practice to your hearts content ..good luck . 

• Edward801
    4 Posts
    Tue, May 6 2014 6:04 PM

Hi Rob

Thanks for your comments. I spent quite a bit of time unsuccessfully trying to find the practice feature you suggested. I can find Game Mode, but not the rest of what you described. Would you give a little more detail about how to get to the practice area you mentioned...thanks Ed

• SplashLewis
    357 Posts
    Wed, May 7 2014 9:01 AM

Hi Ed,

as the previous poster stated, you can play a practice round and take mulligans.  There is no practice area or scenario creator.  I suspect and would understand that this wouldnt be beneficial to WGT as it would shorten the learning curve.  i would do the same thing.  ha.

I found that there is really no need to use or master the chip or pitch shots in this game.  If you cant use a full shot, then a full backspin flop shot works and eliminates virtually all of the roll out.  I use it up to sand that is 5ft below the hole.  Any more than that, a full shot suffices.

Maybe Pitching/chipping is more needed in un-even lies play.

• Edward801
    4 Posts
    Wed, May 7 2014 10:50 AM

Hi Splash,

Thanks for your comments.  I am fairly computer literate, but I cannot find the link to the practice area you mentioned. Any hints to discover it would be appreciated.

I agree with some of your comments, but not all of them. If a flop shot is within range, this is the shot to use; it works great. But there are times when the flop shot cannot be used because the distance needed exceeds the range of that club and you are forced to play a pitch or chip shot. Maybe if you carry multiple wedges, you can always use the flop shot. But if this is not the case, this is where things get tricky and you are forced to play chip and pitch shots. You can read abut them by clicking on the WGT link below:

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/7840/49253.aspx

Ed

ehgoldberg@yahoo.com

(edward801)

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Wed, May 7 2014 11:05 AM

Edward801:
    I spent quite a bit of time unsuccessfully trying to find the practice feature you suggested. I can find Game Mode, but not the rest of what you described. Would you give a little more detail about how to get to the practice area you mentioned.

Ed, on the WGT home page, at the top menu, choose WGT COMMUNITY and then GOLF COURSES. Then select any of the stroke-play courses shown there and you will get your selection of exactly the single hole you want to practice on. You can take limitless mulligans, but I believe the mulligans take double wear on the paid golf balls (also on the green, where putts normally do not count against the life of the ball), so doing this makes the most sense with starter balls.

• Edward801
    4 Posts
    Wed, May 7 2014 1:27 PM

zagraniczniak,

Thanks for your help. Your suggestion worked perfectly.

Ed

• erbet
    49 Posts
    Wed, May 7 2014 11:34 PM

Awesome write up fella.ive improved my game 100% because of this info,,what a great guy you are.many thx erbet. Master now..lol

RSS