Forums

Help › Forums

How to properly use chip and pitch clubs: A guide V2.0

Thu, Aug 3 2023 5:05 PM (335 replies)
  • russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Sat, Aug 18 2012 6:01 PM

obielee:

different subject if allowed: can you hit a fade or draw shot on wgt, if so how?

Yes you can do both but you will lose yardage when doing it,i personally use the light blue area before and after the ding mark to either fade or draw,obviously the wind direction will decide how far into this light blue area u click,especially for the draw shot.I should imagine other ppl have other ways of doing it,but this is what works for me,hope this helps.

Russell

• obielee
    355 Posts
    Sat, Aug 18 2012 7:01 PM

say there is no wind do you aim to the right a little to draw around the corner, or just aim strait???

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Sat, Aug 18 2012 7:17 PM

Tbh it's all about practice as to where you leave the marker,but if there is no wind then hit the middle of the blue area before ding for the draw shot.

Example on hole 2 from Legend tees at BPB fr9,you see the 2 big trees at about 12 o'clock and 1 o'clock i use the 1 o'clock tree thats the nearest to tee from me and put my marker on that.If there is no wind i will hit centre of light blue area before ding,if the wind is left to right i hit it earlier than 1/2 way,but if its right to left then i hit it past the 1/2 way into light blue area.Again this is only what works for me.

If i was you i would set up if poss the 2nd hole on BPB fr9 and go practice there if you can set it up from the Legend tees.If you can try the way i've described first,and then maybe you will find your own way of doing it.

Russell

• mutan
    13 Posts
    Mon, Aug 20 2012 11:22 PM

hELLO

Merci pour tout se travail de précision que j'ai put appliquer il n'y a que pitch ou chip que je remplace parfois par le " flop" 

ok cool a next time lol ..sen you invite lol

A+ MUTAN  ( PRO TOUR 70.2)

• andrewmca
    447 Posts
    Thu, Oct 18 2012 4:30 PM

russellfahey:
    Yes you can do both but you will lose yardage when doing it,i personally use the light blue area before and after the ding mark to either fade or draw,obviously the wind direction will decide how far into this light blue area u click,especially for the draw shot.I should imagine other ppl have other ways of doing it,but this is what works for me,hope this helps.

Interesting... I think deliberately miss-dinging irons also helps reduce the wind-effect on the ball

• colioss
    1 Posts
    Fri, Oct 19 2012 11:08 AM

hi i have question concerning these shots there are times when i am off the green in the rough and i use a pitch shot and i will give plenty of power almost full sometimes but my shot only goes a couple of feet!! sometimes it can take me three shots to get up to green it just doesnt seem right i will use sw pw lw and nothing seems to matter an then when i use full i launch to other side, why does this happen? it is very frustrating

• DaveStrock
    919 Posts
    Fri, Oct 19 2012 3:05 PM

Do not use "chip" stroke mode from 30/40 rough or if farther than two foot off green,I always use pitch shot mode in these circumstances with full backspin using clev-wedges and am rarely farther than 1yd from hole,usually within a foot or so and sink my fair share :~)

• mulfreak
    25 Posts
    Fri, Oct 19 2012 4:14 PM

This is my issue or I should say hopefully isn't no more.  Although I don't take notes Goldena's essay has helped a great deal.  Try a practice round and don't try for the green.  If you have a uphill lie in the rough try missing the ding about a 1/4" to the right.  Remember to move the marker to reflect the % of air time and roll using the % that Goldenna {maybe that was the right spelling} has put forth.  Last night my short game went from a D to a B-

• MarceloCarneiro
    1 Posts
    Thu, Nov 8 2012 6:36 PM

Belíssima explicação !!!

Parabéns !

RSS