Forums

Help › Forums

How to properly use chip and pitch clubs: A guide V2.0

Thu, Aug 3 2023 5:05 PM (335 replies)
  • kiel1
    4 Posts
    Fri, Mar 30 2012 11:10 PM

Brilliant advise, just what i needed as i am sure alot of others. thankyou.

• FuzzzyNutzz
    131 Posts
    Sun, Apr 1 2012 7:46 PM

Thanks for the guide. Awesome

• GARRYCARTER
    1,533 Posts
    Mon, Apr 2 2012 4:14 AM

phew! brain overload but thank v-much solved the decorating too post it's everywhere LOL.

GC. :)

• BillEpp
    10 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2012 10:39 AM

WOW.....Silly me, I thought the REAL game was tough. LOL

VERY INFORMATIVE....now let's see add 4 playin uphill, add another 9 for right to left breaks, left to right break subtract 5......AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGG  I'm takin up darts.

• TommyBobby
    490 Posts
    Wed, Apr 4 2012 2:59 PM

Some really good information!  I thought I was being a bit compulsive keeping a few notes until I read the last paragraph!  However, I think you mentioned the word "practice" several times in your piece and I was thinking how nice it would be to have a practice range and green.  I also saw several of your replies to this concept so I am guessing we won't be seeing that anytime soon.  It would be nice to have the option of replaying shots in the practice mode.  I know you have said that rarely do we hit the same shot ever again, but it would be nice to practice a shot several times in succession to get a better feel for the shot itself.  Just saying!  In the main, I love the game.  I am not sure how some of these golfers have gotten so good!!  I have spent many an hour on the computer and I have gotten some better, but wow, some of these players are unreal!  Keep up the great work and really think about a practice range--please.

• Whittty
    14 Posts
    Thu, Apr 5 2012 4:25 PM

great guide!!

• Cobra045
    67 Posts
    Sun, Apr 8 2012 2:37 PM

You know in the real life game it is possible to hit a different club other than your putter on the green. I've attempted a flop shot on a kidney shaped green several times to get over an obstruction and all the ball does is squirt a few inches rather than act like a typical flop shot.

There are also several other shots that should be possible, but the game does not allow.  For instance with a 10-20% lie in a fairway bunker using a hybrid club all you achieve in WGT is a dribbling excuse of a shot.  In real life I can hit this shot virtually the same distance as if I was in the first cut of rough.

The game would be a lot more fun if you weren't so restrictive on the type of shots available.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Apr 9 2012 12:16 AM

Cobra045:
    For instance with a 10-20% lie in a fairway bunker using a hybrid club all you achieve in WGT is a dribbling excuse of a shot.  In real life I can hit this shot virtually the same distance as if I was in the first cut of rough.

You should be on tour....in my many years of playing and watching golf, I have NEVER seen anyone use a wood from a bunker.

May have happened once or twice and I missed it.

You Sir, should be commended for your awesome real life game!

Yea!!

• DanWidget
    1,307 Posts
    Mon, Apr 9 2012 7:35 AM

Cobra045:

You know in the real life game it is possible to hit a different club other than your putter on the green. I've attempted a flop shot on a kidney shaped green several times to get over an obstruction and all the ball does is squirt a few inches rather than act like a typical flop shot.

There are also several other shots that should be possible, but the game does not allow.  For instance with a 10-20% lie in a fairway bunker using a hybrid club all you achieve in WGT is a dribbling excuse of a shot.  In real life I can hit this shot virtually the same distance as if I was in the first cut of rough.

The game would be a lot more fun if you weren't so restrictive on the type of shots available.

NEWSFLASH !!!!  This isn't real life golf it's a video game, and a damn good one at that.  I have played many  video games and none are 100% realistic.  In driving games cars don't react like they would in real life and don't sustain crash damage.  In FIFA Football the randomness of player ball control and movement can't truly be replicated.

So if you are on the green you are unable to play a flop shot....So what !!  If you know that then don't play it.  Unlike the poster above I also have seen many players hit woods from bunkers but only if the ball is sat right on top of the surface, any ball with any part buried them irons are their options.

Look at the game for what it is....a FREE source of entertainment.  If you yearn for the accuracy of real life play then it's simple, put your clubs into the back of your car and drive to a course and play for real. This game continues to develop and I'm sure in time you may see progress on what you are after but until then just enjoy what it has to offer.

RSS