Help › Forums

PAR 3 18 HOLE COURSE

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 4 2022 5:28 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • roddyrodent
    55 Posts
    Sun, Dec 25 2011 5:34 PM

It would be very nice if you would put together an 18 hole par 3 golf course.  You all ready have more then enough par 3 holes to make one up.  

It would be fun to play with friends on this type of course.

roddyrodent

• JOSYR
    48 Posts
    Sun, Dec 25 2011 11:37 PM

that would be a great idea, more courses would make this good game a great game.

• Cleworthy
    3,466 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2011 6:26 AM

This idea has come up before (by myself for one).  Par 3 courses don't seem to get much interest, however.

I remember as a kid, learning the game in real life on a par 3 course - hitting no more than 5-iron off the tee and learning to pitch and putt around the greens.  You could play 9 holes in an hour and it cost only a few dollars to play.  The course was located in the city limits on a small piece of land bordered by highways.   I think the golfing world could use more par 3 courses as an alternative to full length courses that take forever (5-6 hours) to play, cost a bundle per round, are expensive to maintain and have a high environmental footprint.

So, perhaps WGT could consider a par 3 course some day as an "enlightened" alternative to par 70 or 72 courses.  Quick play, good for short game practice and a great format for skins (lots of birdies!).  Only problem perhaps is it would skew the averages...

C

• RUNWME
    1,011 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2011 6:41 AM

Par 3 stroke course would be a great addition to the "best of " series

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2011 8:32 AM

Quite a few people are hoping that the next best of WGT is a par three course. Even if they don't choose to use any Oakmont holes there 18 par 3 holes on the other 5 courses. 

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2011 8:40 AM

Yep, I was one who mooted this, before the BEST OF courses came out.

A fairly reasonable request from WGT members who want to practice holes that are hard to get birdies on

Icon dismissed me, suggesting that I should know how these contracts work and mixing and matching different courses would probably not happen. Very rude response I thought.

A month or so later the first BEST OF course came out and made his comment look rather silly - especially as he works for them LOL.

Never did get that apology.

• DavidTomsFanatic
    43 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2011 10:17 AM

This sounds like a good idea. Though one thing WGT would need to do is to make the stroke play rounds played on the Par 3 course not count as the player's round average, because if a player keeps playing on Par 3 courses with a par of 54, their scoring averages would be in the 50's.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2011 10:29 AM

Maybe 9 holes, as an "executive" par 3 course? It would mess up the WGT system for calculating scores, however.

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2011 11:30 AM

Have it as practice only. There are some real tricky par 3s on here; and, I for one, would love to have some time practicing them without having to wait several holes into a round to do so. 

• PAGES
RSS