Forums

Help › Forums

Where's Snaike?

Wed, Jan 6 2010 9:13 AM (5 replies)
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2010 2:31 PM

Hey all...

Since just before the holidays started, when my youngest was presented with his very own 'puter, I have been otherwise occupied.

He had expressed an interest in all the MMO games I play and wanted to try one out on his own... (no, sadly, on-line golf does not interest him... says it's too 'easy')

So, after some investigating we have come across a MMORPG designed and geared toward the 'tweener' generation, yet with enough content to keep seasoned players (read: "OLD") like me interested.  And the best part is that it is structured so that I feel comfortable with him off on his own, interacting with others on-line, as well as being able to pair up and do some group exploring with just the two of us.

Good times.

As I know WGT's policy about advertising, I won't mention it's name here, but if you are a parent of a 'tweener' and would like to know more, just reply to this message and I'll try to email you the site.

Beyond all that, and beside all the incumbant crap that goes along with the diverse personalities on this message board, please allow me to wish you and yours the happiest most prosperous new year.

Ciao!

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2010 4:28 PM

Snaike, I have twin tweeners who might be interested.  Too bad you have not been around, all I can say is classic, classic,  all time meltdown. Practically shut down the forum as i'm sure you are aware of.    My email is

thanks man.

Sal......Also known as Jeff.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2010 5:00 PM

To hell with being a responsible parent-how about some of that smartass wit to keep things from  imploding like they almost did. LOL-j/k. Do what you have to do but just know you set a standard for wiseassism and it hasn't been met yet although that caffeine nut does pretty good!

kthxbubbye

YJ

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2010 8:18 PM

link sent to sal..

and YJ..  I am on my way back now that the new year has started....  reloaded and ready.

lol

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 10:47 PM

way to drop vocab here, Jeff called me asked him wtf does incumbant means...surely, the root is not what he thinks it means

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2010 9:13 AM

It was, I am a wee bit embarrassed to mention, misspelled. Should have been "incumbent".

dictionary:
    "Incumbent"  /ɪnˈkʌmbənt/

–adjective

2. obligatory (often fol. by on or upon): "a duty incumbent upon me."

"Obligatory"  /əˈblɪgəˌtɔri, -ˌtoʊri, ˈɒblɪgə-/

–adjective

1. required as a matter of obligation; mandatory:

2. incumbent or compulsory (usually fol. by on or upon):

In this use, the phrase " incumbent crap that goes along with the diverse personalities", simply means that because we are so diverse, personality wise, on this message board, there is to be expected a certain amount of things we can each disagree upon.

Hope that helps. Please excuse the misspelling.

RSS