Forums

Help › Forums

Gossip Fodder:Shakedown(up) at WGT?

Tue, Dec 29 2009 1:19 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • mefitz
    372 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2009 1:14 PM

I`m kinda shocked no one has said anything about the new job openings at WGT(read the news) and what this means for us testers, the site, and the future in general here.

These aren`t jobs for emptying dust bins or number crunching. These are Top placement jobs.

Quality Assurance Tester (yes I know, we All think we can do this)

Senior Game Designer

Technical Project Manager

It doesn`t take much thought to realize how much these positions can and will affect this site, the game, and us as testers(players) as a whole.

Any thoughts, comments, or inside information?

Let the gossip begin.....

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2009 1:28 PM

:)

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2009 1:29 PM

Eh, personally I don't think it's anything to fret over.  I think turnover is a natural part of business and sometimes a change in personnel can create fresh ideas to shake things up a little.

No way to tell the positive or negative effects until farther down the road.

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2009 1:44 PM

I didn't really read that as " replacing" personnel. Seems to me that the "addition" of more designers, testers, QA  personnel would be necessary, considering WGT's goal of adding several more courses in the (nearish) future.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2009 1:46 PM

There's nothing more I would like better than to have a high end job at WGT. Unfortunately, my college major is in business management, and not of the technical variety.

Apparently things are starting to look up for WGT. Like nivlac said, new faces and fresh ideas are a good sign for the game at the start of a new year nontheless.

tibbets that sure is a chesire grin your sporting there.

Best wishes WGT.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2009 3:20 PM

Kinda strange that notice went up but no presence today given the need for a little moderation with all the fur flying over the past 2 days. The unlimited tourney still isn't corrected either. Hmmmm.

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2009 4:21 PM

Damn I never saw that thread. I can ride my bike to that job.

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2009 4:25 PM

Oh well, Just read the requirements. The only part I have covered is the B.S. Degree.

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2009 4:30 PM

I`m not so much fretful as I am curious to what direction this will take. My first thought was "growth"(in a good sense) and how painful will the "growing pains" be?

A person could write a "conspiracy theory" book based on the "secrecy" of WGT. Add to that, the "personality" changes(imo) for the past several weeks(months?) that just raise more questions than give answers, and I feel like we`re in a sort of limbo.

Oh well, I guess we`ll have to hurry up and wait to see what`ll happen. I should be used to this by now, lol.

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2009 8:33 AM

Were any of those openings for a "virtual golf course designer?" We can only hope. :)

• PAGES
RSS