Forums

Help › Forums

Win FREE clubs - Xmas holiday quiz & golf

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 5 2010 11:11 PM (3 replies)
  • Crazyman2
    731 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2009 5:17 AM

Inspired by GitrDone's example of goodwill to all.   I have also decided to put up some goodies for you to win

Check it out.  Fancy a new driver? Fairway Wood?. Putter? Wedge with balls?

We all know Christmas can be a little lenghty and boredom can set in at any time . Well here is something to keep you (or google) occupied Test your knowledge and enter the Free Fun competition and get your chance to win a new driver, wood, wedge or putter

The format is a bit different as it is two-fold. (read the rules - page 3  lol) 

STOP PRESS latest news  GITrDONE has kindly sponsored the 4th prize of balls to the value of 90 credits  ....thank you Larry

PLEASE DO NOT ENTER any answers in here as it spoils the fun for others. Please use the submission form provided (on last page of quiz)

Here goes......good luck to you all

COMP NOW CLOSED

The quiz part of this fun competition runs until 1st Jan 2010. 

The second part (the golfing bit) will run as soon (after2nd Jan 2010) as there is a weekly SINGLE play 18 hole round at Kiawah.

Merry Christmas to you all, and another big thank-you to GITrDONE for his original idea and his support in this competition

Best Wishes

Steve

• WojciechMigda
    158 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2010 4:55 AM

Hi Steve,

thanks for this grand idea and the gifts prepared with GITrDONE.

How's the progress with the evaluation of the entries? Now once the quiz part is over maybe you can share with us the corrects answers and the total number of participants ? I bet the database is overloaded with submissions :)

I'm still unsure whether the first of santas was Steven Seagal or maybe Billy Bob Thornton ;) ? Also, I liked the movies part very much - true classics and my favs.

Happy New Year !

• Crazyman2
    731 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2010 6:42 PM

Hi WojciechMigda

Thanks

Unfortunately the submissions were virtually non existent. In fact you were the only one to submit the form!!! . Oh well  at least it kept me out of mischief during the holiday break . Maybe they were all xmas shopping  lol. 

As you are the only participant you can claim one of any of  prizes ( a driver a wood/hybrid a wedge a putter or balls) without having to complete the second part of a round on Kiawah.

Please let me know (on my wall) your choice of the prizes on offer.

Just so you know the answers

WGT XMAS QUIZ answers

no
    Question/Answer
    no
    Question/Answer
    1 Name Movie / The Deer Hunter 21 Name Logo/ Mercedes Benz
    2 Santa/ Arnold Schwarzenegger 22 Name Her/ Agatha Christie
    3 Name Logo/ Motorola 23 Movie/ A Clockwork Orange
    4 Name Movie/ Waterworld 24 Name Logo/ Kellogs
    5 Name Santa/Nelson Mandella 25 Name Movie/ Polar Express
    6 Building/Sydney Opera House 26 Name Her/ Shirley Temple
    7 Name Logo/ Rolex 27 Name Golfer/ Adam Scott
    8 Name Movie/ Falling Down 28 Name Her/ Uma Thurman
    9 Building/ The Hoover Dam 29 Dingbat/ West Indies
    10 Name Santa/ Lewis Hamilton 30 Dingbat/ Long Time no See
    11 Name Movie/ Elf 31 Dingbat/ Gross Injustice
    12 Name Actor/ David Soul 32 Name Golfer/ Dan Quayle
    13 Name Santa/ Elvis Presley 33 Name Golfer/ Christie Kerr
    14 Name Movie/ Amadeus 34 Name golf course/ Sawgrass
    15 Building/ Statue of Liberty 35 GolferTrophy/ R Allenby Sun City
    16 Name Actor/ John Hurt 36 Name Logo/ British Airways
    17 Name Her/ Anna Kournikova 37 Name Trophy/ The Masters
    18 Name Movie/ National Velvet 38 Name the Band/Pink Floyd
    19 Name Her/ Kylie Minogue 39 Name Flag/ Greenland

One Flew over Cuckoos Nest

40 Name Movie/ Sweeney Todd

Happy Golfin'

Steve

• Crazyman2
    731 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 11:11 PM

WojciechMigda  

Your prizes have been sent

Additional Disclaimer Notice PING v2 Fairway Wood

Congratulations on winning the prize from the quiz

I am happy to inform you that the dispatch and  transportation of your new equipment went smoothly.

Please remove the protective wrapper from the shaft of your new Ping V2 fairway wood before commencing play, as it tends to make a whistling noise when swinging at 212 mph . This can be misleading to other golfers within the vicinity. The whistling sound can also attract various birds from the eagle family as it has similarities to the mating call of the protected female California Condor This in turn can lead to hunters clambering across the course with shotguns, hiding in the smoothly raked bunkers and disturbing natural fauna.  Of course this would lead to the authorities being called to the course to verify gun licences and local rulings for hunting in the area. and then there is the objecters with their placards wandering all over the greens, chanting and displaying anger. This could cause  various golfers to quit thier round as they missed a crucial putt to keep their averages. Add to this the local and national media involvement covering the plight of the non existent eagle and the unruly behaviour of protesters being shot by the hunters.  Also you would be arrested for wasting police time and impersonating a protected species whilst causing a riot. 

So BE SURE to remove the protective wrapper BEFORE going on to the golf course. 

New balls have also been included with the potentially lawsuit fairway wood Ping fairway wood. These balls DO have a tendency to act like those hunters.  They seek cover wherever they can, however, they sometimes re-appear on ebay when hacks have found them.  They cannot be found by master tier golfers,(as they only ever stay on the fairway)  Unfortunately due to the production methods of manufacture  these balls have not been taught to swim. We are currently working on bouyancy aids to enable them to reach 'the other side' on the 17th at Kiawah.and various other watery graves that frequent the courses. 

Please as an extra precaution remove them from their protective box. As if struck whilst in the box  they tend to replica the sound made by a red deer in the morning mist.  Of course this could lead to  a similar fate of the potential lawsuit fairway wood Ping fairway wood.    Remember packaging costs money or freedom.  Your money, or your freedom if not used properly!

In the meantime, try to vanish any thoughts of potential lawsuits or imprisonment when concentrating on that 3 footer for eagle and victory at the final hole.

Enjoy your prize  and well done

Regards

Crazyman2 (Steve) 

RSS