Forums

Help › Forums

Feb Match Play Tournament

Mon, Mar 2 2009 11:18 AM (79 replies)
  • nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Feb 11 2009 11:59 AM

Alright fellas, everything is updated and current as of this post.  The Semi-Pro bracket has already completed their second round.  Hats off to you guys for getting it done so quickly!

On the opposite end of the spectrum the Amateur bracket has completed 0 matches so far.  Let's get a move on Ams!

For anyone looking to get their 3rd round matches on early remember that the 3rd and 4th rounds are 18 hole matches and to not report any 3rd round results until the 15th (start date of round 3).

Congrats to all the Round 2 winners so far!

• Hoo4life55
    6 Posts
    Thu, Feb 12 2009 4:57 AM

I would like to have played my match but can never find my opponent online.  Saw him once around lunch time and he accepted the friend invite I sent and then signed off.  I have left a message on his profile asking when we might play and letting him know when I was available, no response.  Any other suggestions.  Hasn't posted a score since 2/7 so not much activity.

• KingKoal27
    7 Posts
    Sat, Feb 14 2009 2:50 PM

Hey, I've been on all week throughout the day during certain hours (at least 2x a day for an hour or two) and I've been trying to find a time to work with Alberto1, but he claims he can only be on 3-5pm US EST (9-11pm Spain time) every night... doesn't work for me... What can we do?

-KK27

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Feb 14 2009 4:34 PM

See if you guys can't get in touch with each other tomorrow.  I'm extending Round 2 by one extra day to give everyone a chance to finish up.  Also, tonight is Valentine's Day and I'd really rather not sit here doing tournament stuff, so wall posts will happen tomorrow afternoon sometime.

I'm not going to make any decisions tonight but, I tend to put through the person who makes the most effort and makes themselves available the most.  Just food for thought.

• golfguy1800
    45 Posts
    Sun, Feb 15 2009 7:43 PM

how do i sign up??????

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sun, Feb 15 2009 7:58 PM

Signups for April's tourney are HERE.

March will be up tomorrow.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sun, Feb 15 2009 8:33 PM

OP is updated with current third round results.

Tough decisions. :(

I've posted on a few walls with semifinal info but, a lot of you don't need it and I need to stop making extra work for myself. :)

Remember fellas, 18 hole matches from here on out.

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Sun, Feb 15 2009 10:35 PM

1st semi result is in...

thanx gitthe, what a battle after u warmed up!

the putt on 9th, was pure money!

• gitthe
    66 Posts
    Mon, Feb 16 2009 7:42 AM

Nice match.  Thanks for taking it easy on me.  I couldn't sleep last night tossing and turning about the missed 3 footer on the 22nd though :).

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Wed, Feb 18 2009 10:22 AM

this is for Nivlac and Seve...

Regarding my match the short version is yes Juan and I have 9 more holes to play. There are some other issues though.

- We never finished #9, he disconnected for whatever reason. His 2nd shot went 20 yards left into the rough. If it comes down to playing that hole over he should be in the rough @ about 150 yds hitting 3. Now what I just assume do is play the "back 9" and see how it plays out, the extra hole may not be needed.

- He has yet to set a time and day. The times we have gotten together involved him inviting me and him hitting right away. Couple of things out of wack there is I should be leading off and inviting. Not to mention he pulls me out of whatever I'm doing at the time. A good example last night was I was just about finished with a multi round and was going to eat dinner. I would just like him to think this out just a little bit. As far as inviting, we will be in the same situation for the next 9 since I have honors.

That's the long version ;)... Thanks for all your help guys.

RSS