Forums

Help › Forums

Feb Match Play Tournament

Mon, Mar 2 2009 11:18 AM (79 replies)
  • seveking
    983 Posts
    Sun, Jan 25 2009 2:59 AM

Costain, just a reminder that if you want to participate it's not enough just saying so, you need to submit your entry by clicking on the link on the first page of this post.

• chuckiee
    2,194 Posts
    Sun, Jan 25 2009 10:51 PM

nivlac

lets play im with you keep up the good work and dont let someone take you down for all your hard work remember the old saying stick and stones may break your bones but words will never hurt you

chuckiee

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Jan 26 2009 2:44 PM

Updated the OP with more stuff I forgot to include, although nothing is different from the last tourney.  It's just the standard procedures for disconnections, ties and disputes.

68 entries with 5 days left.  You guys are awesome!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Jan 27 2009 2:25 PM

Updated the OP with the snazzy new banner.  The WGT was willing to allow me to use a logo, just in case anyone was wondering.  Instead, I've decided to go a different direction and create a theme moving forward.  I've avoided the obvious and selected the wood sign for February in honor of Puxatawny Phil.  A groundhog is a woodchuck after all. :D

To help make these tournaments more community oriented I'd be very interested if you guys would like to create a banner we can use for the March tournament.  Remember to keep with the theme. :D  If you're interested, post a link on my profile and if we get a few different submissions I can put it up to a vote or something. :)

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Jan 27 2009 5:15 PM

Sorry for the triple post, but I felt this was unique enough and worth bumping the thread for.

After consulting with a few folks and careful deliberation I've decided to WITHDRAW myself from flighted tournaments and major tournaments in the future.  I may still participate in the occasional goofy tournament, such as a doubles tourney or whatever other silly ideas we can come up with.

This should put to rest any issues that some players have had with my simultaneous participation and officiating.  And though I mildly resent the implication that I'm unable to be impartial, I can clearly see this is a case of the many and the few.  I'm big enough to step aside for the benefit of the tournaments and the community at large.  Secondary to that is the time issue.  Organizing all of this does take a fair amount of my schedule and after I've spent 2 hours writing matchup info I don't much feel like staying even longer to play.  As a result, my game and score history have suffered.  Those are the reasons for this decision.

Now with that business aside, keep those sign ups coming!! 73 so far and still a few days left to go!!

• average
    11 Posts
    Tue, Jan 27 2009 5:46 PM

well thats crap,i was looking forward to beating you.there is no reason that you setting the tourney could give you the advantage to win.thats total bull.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Jan 27 2009 5:59 PM

No worries man, it's for the better.  Besides, you can beat me in a regular round anytime. :D

• Jarid
    31 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2009 8:31 AM

Your efforts are greatly appreciated. Did you get any help?

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2009 11:20 AM

..did I get any help?

What do you mean?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some interesting facts about the tourney so far...

If the tournament started today there would be a total of 5 flights.  The first 3 flights would all be filled to the max of 16 players and the final 2 flights would be 13 players and 12 players respectively.  In the middle 3 flights, the difference between the scoring averages of the current #1 seeds and the current #16 seeds is no greater than 2.6 strokes.

So far, we have a total of 60 Americans,  2 Spaniards, 2 Norwegians, 1 Morrocan, 1 Mexican, 1 Brit, 1 German, 1 Columbian, 1 Canadian, 1 Brazillian, 1 Argentinian and 1 player from Chad.

There is a total of 71 males and 3 females.

CKEVIN2 will not be playing in Feburary, so the current #1 seed in the Championship Flight is iconian.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2009 4:13 PM
    I'm disappointed to hear you withdrew Nivlac, though I do understand the reasoning behind it. If you're going to host the Feb brackets on that same site, I'd be willing to host a copy of it on my SkyDrive (though I haven't had any issues accessing yours recently).
RSS