Forums

Help › Forums

help!

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 23 2009 9:24 AM (7 replies)
  • indiangolfer
    22 Posts
    Tue, Jan 20 2009 5:21 AM

only game i cant find is closest tothe pin, is there a game where u can put, meaning the whole game, not one shot and who gets closer to the pin.

ty

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Jan 20 2009 8:48 AM

Yup, just click the PLAY NOW button on the left hand side.  Once the game window loads choose the SINGLE PLAYER option then choose Kiawah Resort.  Then select either a ranked or practice round and that'll take you off to the first tee.

Good Luck

• indiangolfer
    22 Posts
    Wed, Jan 21 2009 8:47 AM

thanks! i got it, now have to figure out and judge the surface to putt, he he so far distance judging is a problem...

• DeerRun
    230 Posts
    Wed, Jan 21 2009 9:39 AM

Sounds like I have to read the greens better then I do and judge the distance better also.

• indiangolfer
    22 Posts
    Thu, Jan 22 2009 8:25 AM

once you get on green, it pretty much depends on luck. or has someone figured out green? getting on green is two or three shots, after that trial and error, judging the surface of green and distance looks pretty much a struggle.

• dmace2
    44 Posts
    Thu, Jan 22 2009 1:24 PM

The greens can be tricky but there is a logic.  On the grid, blue means upward and red means downward.  For side to side, the faster the dots are moving (they always move downward) the steeper the drop.  It's also very useful to use the Reverse view (lower right corner of the page, or Space Bar) to get a perspective from the hole back to you.  You can put your mouse pointer on the arrow, hold down the left button and move it in whatever direction you want to to compensate.  Remember you'll also have to adjust your stroke to accomodate upward or downward slopes.  To get feel for relative putt strength, look around in the forums for a very nice description posted by nivlac.

• indiangolfer
    22 Posts
    Fri, Jan 23 2009 8:02 AM

thanks, that helped me a lot. now im putting better..

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Fri, Jan 23 2009 9:24 AM

This was a very nice post dmace2

RSS