Forums

Help › Forums

Aim Arc

Mon, Jan 26 2009 2:58 PM (7 replies)
  • Dragoon
    18 Posts
    Mon, Jan 19 2009 7:52 AM

How acurate is the aim arc?  Is it safe to adjust the shot when zoomed based on the aim arc's entry onto the green?  Do you guys use the aim arc/zoom to adjust your aim?  Just wondering because some holes the camera angle on the green seems to screw me up on where I am, but at the same time the aim arc looks like it comes from a goofy angle as well.

• Dragoon
    18 Posts
    Mon, Jan 26 2009 12:14 PM

7 days and no response?

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Jan 26 2009 1:05 PM

Yikes, 7 days that's no good.  Must've gotten lost in the shuffle.  Thanks for bumping it.

The aim arc is true however, the beginner clubs that we are all playing with right now cause inaccuracies in about 65% of your shots.  So sometimes you'll aim left and see the ball shank right for no reason.  When the ball isn't doing these random left/right movements, you'll see that it does travel straight down the target line.

• Dragoon
    18 Posts
    Mon, Jan 26 2009 1:10 PM

Thanks for the response!  So it is well documented how poor the current clubset is, but is there any date for new clubs?  Or even better is there a timeline of upgrade events or releases (i.e. new clubs, play changes, courses) that I might have missed somewhere?

If these isn't, I wonder if someone with WGT might see this and possibly be able to create one?

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Jan 26 2009 1:35 PM

You hit a good point there.  We are kinda left in the dark for the most part.  We get a juicy tidbit now and then, but not much in the way of concrete information or release dates. 

The only concrete thing we know right now is that, a) the back 9 is coming soon and b) there is supposed to be at least one set of clubs released at or around the same time.  There's also been speculation of them opening up the Pro Tier which is somewhat justified because now you can select the Pro Tees in practice mode.  3 weeks ago you couldn't.

But that's about it.  Mostly speculation and guessing. :(

Now if you want my two cents, I think we're gonna see a flood of stuff at one time, including stuff that no one has anticipated.  It doesn't make sense to move this slow, releasing a single feature at a time.   That leads me to think we're about to get something big dropped on us in the next month or so.  But, that's a complete guess.

• Dragoon
    18 Posts
    Mon, Jan 26 2009 2:17 PM

Yea a new set of clubs would be great, the inconsistencies can be very frustrating!  Thanks for the heads up.

• Asby
    4 Posts
    Mon, Jan 26 2009 2:30 PM

Yes the inconsistencies are very frustrating but I am curious if everyone has them how are alot of these players posting sub 70 rounds? 

On my best day I still find I miss hit at least 2 or 3 shots per round, and not less than a real life mid 20 handicapper this is a game and that makes a difference in my being able to hit with some accuracy.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Jan 26 2009 2:58 PM

As in the universe itself, order exists among chaos. :D

RSS