Forums

Help › Forums

Swing meter

Fri, Jul 28 2023 8:00 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Pocoproud
    11 Posts
    Thu, May 25 2023 2:07 PM
    I just started playing on my pc. Been on a tablet for four years now. Why is the swing meter faster on the pc? Any thoughts?
  • ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Fri, May 26 2023 1:50 AM

Larger screen?

• BlackBogey
    268 Posts
    Fri, May 26 2023 2:48 AM

I just recently started getting back into the game after a long layoff (hadn't played since Flash days probably 10 years ago). My only experience so far:

Chromebook tablet on strong wifi signal using bluetooth mouse displaying on 32" monitor= Slower meter but often very jittery and inconsistent.  Performance is even more degraded when "live streaming" with other CC members on Discord.  Both the gameplay and the audio/video get very choppy at times.

Windows 10 laptop on weak cell phone hotspot using bluetooth mouse displaying on native 17" screen = SLIGHTLY faster meter, but much more consistent, even speed throughout the entire "swing" - no jumping, speeding up or slowing down right before "impact".  Haven't tried using Discord on the laptop yet.

My guess is the laptop provides better performance due to more RAM/processor speed/dedicated graphics.  Will be testing over the weekend.  I brought the laptop home from work to try on the same wifi connection, mouse and 32" monitor.  If everything goes as expected I will start using the laptop for gameplay while using the tablet for Discord connection.  Will report my results later.     

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Fri, May 26 2023 10:39 AM

BlackBogey:
    My guess is the laptop provides better performance due to more RAM/processor speed/dedicated graphics. 

That's my guess as well.

BlackBogey:
    Will be testing over the weekend.  I brought the laptop home from work to try on the same wifi connection, mouse and 32" monitor.

If you're connecting your tablet or laptop to your 32" monitor wirelessly, that might also contribute to the jitters.  You should get the smoothest meter with a cable connection (eg. a HDMI cable).  Just something else to test.

Good luck!

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Fri, May 26 2023 11:06 AM

If I make my game window fill the screen (1920 pixels) the meter is approximately 38 cms long.

If I make my game window 800 pixels wide the meter is approximately 7 cms long.

In both cases the meter takes approximately 2.5 seconds to go from the left to the right.

According to my calculations, the average speed at which the meter travels on the large game window is approximately 0.55 km/h and the average speed on the smaller game window is approximately 0.1km/h.

8 )

• BlackBogey
    268 Posts
    Fri, May 26 2023 7:59 PM

SamSpayed:

BlackBogey:
    My guess is the laptop provides better performance due to more RAM/processor speed/dedicated graphics. 

That's my guess as well.

BlackBogey:
    Will be testing over the weekend.  I brought the laptop home from work to try on the same wifi connection, mouse and 32" monitor.

If you're connecting your tablet or laptop to your 32" monitor wirelessly, that might also contribute to the jitters.  You should get the smoothest meter with a cable connection (eg. a HDMI cable).  Just something else to test.

Good luck!

Both will be connected to the same monitor, one via HDMI port 1 and the other trough port 2.  I've always used HDMI all along with the tablet, however, it doesn't have a dedicated HDMI out port so I've been using a USB C to HDMI adapter as a go-between for tablet/monitor connection, so another possible source of issues.  

I just played my first round with laptop on a wired ethernet connection displayed on 32" Samsung TV via HDMI.  The results were promisingVERY VERY little jitter compared to tablet on Wi-Fi.  I have to figure out what resolution I want and what TV settings work best, suggestions welcomed!  The TV monitor has the ability to customize display size up to a certain extent, so should be able to find something I like.  I was also testing a new ball (L70 Titleist at 4 meter speed), so tough to tell how "fast" meter speed was compared to what I've been using (L61 Taylormade 3.5 meter speed), but it was consistently "smooth" throughout the entire swing.

**edit** just did an internet speed test and am getting about 950 Mbps on laptop ethernet, and only about 400 Mbps on tablet Wi-Fi, so there you go.  I'll need to test laptop on same Wi-Fi when time permits and report back.

• Squatch031
    172 Posts
    Sat, May 27 2023 8:51 AM

You will find that the swing meter varies from game to game.  Not sure why but suspect it has something to do with the format of the game(s).....coin, tournament, bracket, etc.  Another WGT failure.

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Mon, Jun 5 2023 11:25 PM

Pocoproud:
    I just started playing on my pc. Been on a tablet for four years now. Why is the swing meter faster on the pc? Any thoughts?

Yiannis did a test and proved that the meter takes significantly longer to reach the ding line on a tablet than on a PC. What you can do on the PC is to choose the smallest resolution you can. That way, the meter will move slower than on a bigger one, cause it'll need to travel less distance in the same amount of time. 

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Tue, Jun 6 2023 8:36 AM

IMHO, lower resolutions also allow for a fatter ding line with 3x vs 1x to hit that ding. I run  1360x768 on PC which is full screen, but the picture is noticibly not as crisp as 1920x1080.

• PAGES
RSS