Forums

Help › Forums

PGA Champion Brooks Koepka

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 26 2023 1:33 PM (5 replies)
  • i1488
    44 Posts
    Sun, May 21 2023 4:07 PM

Congratulations to Brooks Koepka for winning his 3rd PGA major.  Brooks and nineteen other golfers are only ones to ever win 5+ majors.  Only player since Jack Nicklaus to win 3 majors within a six year span.  

How 'bout them LIV Golf players baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Mon, May 22 2023 2:20 PM

i1488:
    Only player since Jack Nicklaus to win 3 majors within a six year span.  

I'm guessing you mean PGA championships only? Cause Tiger won 3 of those within a 7 year span, but as majors go, did manage to win 8 within  6 years... 

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Mon, May 22 2023 4:31 PM

I'm still a bit confused why the European tour and the PGA can live in harmony, but LIV is such an outcast.

It certainly can't be because of the human rights record of Saudi Arabia, as many American companies do business with them. President Biden even fist bumped the Saudi Prince when he was on a hat in hand mission to get more oil released.

• i1488
    44 Posts
    Tue, May 23 2023 10:04 AM

ct690911:

I'm still a bit confused why the European tour and the PGA can live in harmony, but LIV is such an outcast.

It certainly can't be because of the human rights record of Saudi Arabia, as many American companies do business with them. President Biden even fist bumped the Saudi Prince when he was on a hat in hand mission to get more oil released.

LIV is an outcast because the PGA Tour admin people are a bunch of greedy beings.  PGA Tour players are very restricted in what they can do with their likeness as it relates to promoting themselves to make $ on the side.  Things will change in a few years once more PGA Tour players move to the LIV Golf Tour.

You are correct that many American businesses take a lot of $ from the Saudis.  Little do the LIV haters know but the PGA Tour receives millions each year from Saudi Arabian businesses/government.

And the #1 reason why some hate LIV Golf is their brainwashed minds still believe the Saudi government planned and executed 9/11 attack.  The culprits live just west of SA with their minions spread out in other 'superpower' countries.  But like the JFK murder by a three letter agency, it will be decades+ before facts become mainstream truth.

And to the previous poster Ana..., yes, I believe I meant only PGA championships within a six year period.  Thank you for catching that.

• BlackBogey
    268 Posts
    Wed, May 24 2023 2:55 PM

Not trying to get into a LIV/PGA debate because I have my opinion and you have yours and they may be completely opposite (which is perfectly fine), but I did see a tweet the other day that makes total sense.  Something along the lines of:

"LIV is ideal for Brooks.  He's clearly only cared about majors since 2017, so why not get paid a ton of cash to play when you hardly care - it's perfect for him" - @PepperellEddie

• i1488
    44 Posts
    Fri, May 26 2023 1:33 PM

BlackBogey:

Not trying to get into a LIV/PGA debate because I have my opinion and you have yours and they may be completely opposite (which is perfectly fine), but I did see a tweet the other day that makes total sense.  Something along the lines of:

"LIV is ideal for Brooks.  He's clearly only cared about majors since 2017, so why not get paid a ton of cash to play when you hardly care - it's perfect for him" - @PepperellEddie

Professional sports is all the same.  The players go where the money is better.  There are the very rare exceptions, specifically baseball player Tony Gwynn of the Padres.  Tony had many offers to play for the Yankees and make many times the money he made in San Diego.  Tony chose to stay in an environment that treated him well and he was happy with.

And to think that professional sports players "hardly care" about the game, well, those saying that are not worth our time.

RSS