Forums

Help › Forums

Interpreting Showdown Scores

Sun, May 28 2023 1:04 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • rsemik
    2 Posts
    Fri, May 19 2023 2:14 PM

Can someone explain to me the Showdown Score on the scoreboard.  I am 5 under and right beside in Parenthesis is  (-16).  Can someone tell me what that means?

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, May 22 2023 11:24 AM

rsemik:

Can someone explain to me the Showdown Score on the scoreboard.  I am 5 under and right beside in Parenthesis is  (-16).  Can someone tell me what that means?

Can you show us a screenshot?

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Mon, May 22 2023 2:41 PM

-5 under in 16th place ?

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, May 22 2023 3:16 PM

callaghan159:

-5 under in 16th place ?

I really don't think -5 would be so high in any league.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Mon, May 22 2023 3:57 PM

Because you dropped 16 places in the standings from the last time you logged in

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Tue, May 23 2023 12:44 PM

pdb1:
    Maybe someone could enlighten us . As to how many groups are likely carried through each round ?

For the Qualifying and Elimination rounds, the top 50 from each group of 100 make it through to the next round.  The number of groups in each round will vary and will depend on how many total entries there are in your division (Rookie, Veteran, Expert).  Kind of like what you wrote here.

MarchieB's answer is the correct answer to the OP's question.

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Tue, May 23 2023 1:01 PM

pdb1:
    Meaning 16 players shot -6 or better since you last looked .

Or scored - 5, but were better on the countback 😉

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, May 23 2023 2:10 PM

AnaNikolaj:
    Or scored - 5, but were better on the countback 😉

Lol or, very likely, a bit of both ;-)  In fact I think you were a shot and 16 places better than me.

Edit: 17 :-(

Maybe someone could enlighten us . As to how many groups are likely carried through each round ?

Other than for wondering how many are in the Showdown it doesn't matter.  Wgt give prizes based on each player playing against 99 others and that's what's happened every time with me. I suppose the chances are there is a smaller league at each level in every round, has anyone here ever been in one?  If not it suggests a lot of divisions.

I guess you could work out an estimate for say Veteran of how many were in the second round.  Make a note of the 50 that get through the second round in your league and count how many of them are again with you in the final.  If there were 10 leagues there should be five of them etc. You'd need to do it a lot of times, or get a lot of people to do it, for anything approaching accuracy ;-) The total number of entries is complicated by the second chance but I'm sure there'd be a way.  Maybe the shorter version, does that have the second chance?

Anyway that'd all be too onerous and dull, even for me given the end result :-)  

• PAGES
RSS