Help › Forums

$200k

rated by 0 users
Tue, May 23 2023 12:58 PM (20 replies)
  • alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Tue, May 16 2023 4:45 AM

POPPYPEUX:
    It may have been posted already but fmagnets has passed $200k in WGT earnings.
    Sadly, you fall for and promote the ultimate lie of the company: The earnings list.
    To cite the T&Cs, credits have no monetary value!
    While we may buy 100 cr (a license) for 1 USD, this cannot be reversed.

By receiving 20,000,000 credits through the game, fmagnets has proven that he is a great WGT golfer. Alas, he hasn't earned that much of actual US $. Formerly, credits could be used to buy gift cards or golf fares at a rate of about 600 cr / 1 $ (now discontinued). Today, only one or a few winners get money's worth through invitations to events.

• Yiannis1970
    3,261 Posts
    Tue, May 16 2023 6:46 AM

Alosso, i don't think Poppy's intention was to focus on ''earnings'' but most like use them as a ''vehicle'' for an argument that Chris is the best player in WGT. As for the rest, i agree with you, it's kinda one way ticket...something like WGT is always right and we always wrong...there you go.

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Tue, May 16 2023 7:40 AM

callaghan159:

ct690911:

I'm at $8.34 !!

.....I'll try not to spend it all in one place.:)

1 coffee at Starbucks will take care of that

Alosso and Yiannis just posted that it's not actual money !...oh well, so much for my Starbucks. I prefer Timmies, anyway.:)

• POPPYPEUX
    839 Posts
    Tue, May 16 2023 8:53 AM

alosso:
    Sadly, you fall for and promote the ultimate lie of the company: The earnings list

Only mentioned the 200k in earnings as a compliment for the amount of tournies he has won to get to that amount.

Anyone who started this game before Launcher knows that Chris was the man to beat on Flash.

I find it refreshing that he is still here on WGT & still doing the business when he could have gave up like a few other greats I could name.

Everyone has views on certain players but Chris deserves some recognition from WGT for what he has done to help promote this game for just being himself!

That's my 2 cents worth, whether it has monetary value or not lol

• pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Tue, May 16 2023 10:09 AM

POPPYPEUX:
    Everyone has views on certain players but Chris deserves some recognition from WGT for what he has done to help promote this game for just being himself!

Mags is definitely THE true gentleman of the game.  Believe me when I say he cares nothing about that HOF status that he is most certainly worthy of receiving.  He won't kiss anyone's azz for it, that's for sure.  As for that stack of credits he has...they should have never done away with the Amazon Gift Cards.  I'm certain Mags is the reason why they did remove that option.

• garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Tue, May 16 2023 10:29 AM

POPPYPEUX:

alosso:
    Sadly, you fall for and promote the ultimate lie of the company: The earnings list

Only mentioned the 200k in earnings as a compliment for the amount of tournies he has won to get to that amount.

Anyone who started this game before Launcher knows that Chris was the man to beat on Flash.

That's my 2 cents worth, whether it has monetary value or not lol

To a certain extent both of you are right and wrong at the same time.  Some of those winnings are cash.  I believe he has won a number of gift cards worth 500.00 or 300.00 dollars each, so there is the cash.  Those too are included in total winnings.  Before Chris, Tibbets was the man to beat on flash until he quit.  Unfortunately. both did not play at the same time, so we shall never know.  Tibbets also played with much  more inferior equipment and balls

But correctly he needs to be congratulated on reaching that amount.  Well done Mags.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Wed, May 17 2023 1:39 PM

Cash is only a small part I'm sure, but 99.99% here will never earn any $$, that's my peeve. This advertising on the front page clearly contradicts the T&Cs, IMHO.

OTOH, I full-heartedly congratulate Mags to 20,000,000 credits, won officially!

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, May 18 2023 2:38 AM

As the best to have played the game he definitely deserves recognition but he has that from many of the players and some wgt promo wouldn't change anything. I wonder if you have to take it ;-)

@ alosso there is a significant amount of real money included and half a dozen trips that I can think of instantly, there will be quite a few more.

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Thu, May 18 2023 4:59 AM

callaghan159:

ct690911:

I'm at $8.34 !!

.....I'll try not to spend it all in one place.:)

1 coffee at Starbucks will take care of that

If he gets a tall instead of a venti he can get 2

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Tue, May 23 2023 12:44 PM

DodgyPutter:
    @ alosso there is a significant amount of real money included and half a dozen trips that I can think of instantly, there will be quite a few more.
    Is it anywhere near to the advertized amount? High doubts!

And, it's only a very limited no. of players who get any real money's worth (which still isn't Dollars but amenities) - how many of the 250 in the career awards list do you think? 10? 20?

RSS