Forums

Help › Forums

Free rental weekend

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 14 2023 4:24 AM (7 replies)
  • JaRTennBogey
    73 Posts
    Sat, Apr 8 2023 6:44 PM

Just a heads up---i rented some clubs-and was charged for them--i have sent a message to cust. support--waitng for a resolvement

• BlackBogey
    251 Posts
    Sun, Apr 9 2023 4:09 AM

JaRTennBogey:

Just a heads up---i rented some clubs-and was charged for them--i have sent a message to cust. support--waitng for a resolvement

Same here.  I tried posting in the other thread about the Free Rentals yesterday but apparently still in moderation.  I guess Free Rental period will be over by the time it gets posted so not sure why I even bothered posting there or here.

• JaRTennBogey
    73 Posts
    Sun, Apr 9 2023 6:04 PM

WGT refunded my credits. TY cust service

• BlackBogey
    251 Posts
    Sun, Apr 9 2023 7:18 PM

JaRTennBogey:

WGT refunded my credits. TY cust service

Good to hear, hopefully I'll get mine back soon.

**Edit**  WGT refunded my credits also after politely emailing them. 

I still feel slightly gypped out of the Free Rental Promo because there were a few other items I would like to have tried if it had been truly "FREE" right from the get-go, but at least in the end I did get my credits back for the one the one item I did rent

• JaRTennBogey
    73 Posts
    Wed, Apr 12 2023 12:00 PM

Glad they took care of you as well. I had wanted to re-rent and, end up buying the clubs i tried---but did not want to risk being charged again.I will wait for another free rental weekend for now.

• BlackBogey
    251 Posts
    Thu, Apr 13 2023 7:01 AM

JaRTennBogey:

Glad they took care of you as well. I had wanted to re-rent and, end up buying the clubs i tried---but did not want to risk being charged again.I will wait for another free rental weekend for now.

Same boat.  I rented the L72 putter and hated it (yes, I realize 24hrs is not long enough to give it a thorough test period, but already like my L70 so didn't feel the need to risk another 294 credits). 

I was really wanting to try the L89 TM 50yd Lob wedge to see if it would be a useful addition to my L80 Titleist 60yd (and drop 3wd), but didn't want to risk being charged for that too since it would likely only be an experiment and used sparingly.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Thu, Apr 13 2023 11:29 AM

BlackBogey:
    I was really wanting to try the L89 TM 50yd Lob wedge to see if it would be a useful addition to my L80 Titleist 60yd (and drop 3wd), but didn't want to risk being charged for that too since it would likely only be an experiment and used sparingly.

No need to buy the L89 TM 50 yd wedge.  Just do a Punch shot with your L80 Titleist wedge.  The Punch shot with that wedge goes 50 yds.  Try it a few times and see what you think.

• BlackBogey
    251 Posts
    Fri, Apr 14 2023 4:24 AM

SamSpayed:

No need to buy the L89 TM 50 yd wedge.  Just do a Punch shot with your L80 Titleist wedge.  The Punch shot with that wedge goes 50 yds.  Try it a few times and see what you think.

Thanks for that Sam,

The Punch and I don't get along too well at this time.  To be honest I need to practice it more, but for now I just find the roll-out too inconsistent whether I use full bs or no bs. I suppose part of this might be due to me using the relatively low spin Callaway L34 ball, but I specifically chose this ball because of its higher distance to spin ratio (along with a more manageable meter speed).  I tried a few higher level balls (TM L48 and 81) but felt the spin was causing too much distance loss into headwinds compared to this one. 

Anyway, intent was not to totally derail this thread, so thanks again for the advice, I'll give the punch some more practice.

RSS