Help › Forums

How can i chose the best putter?

Fri, Mar 31 2023 5:09 PM (23 replies)
  • SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Fri, Mar 31 2023 9:42 AM

MarchieB:

I've always described Putter Precision, Forgiveness and Balance as

Precision is how close your putt will be to the intended line of your putt (Aim and Distance) The higher a putter's Precision, the closer it will be to the selected putt parameters.

Forgiveness is how much off dings will affect your putt's intended line (Aim and Distance) Higher forgiveness will lower the amount off dings affect your putt's selected parameters.

As for Putter BALANCE, this is from a very old post I screen shot.

The way I understand it is a putters balance is how well it preforms (Precision and Forgiveness) the longer the putts become.
    - A low balance putter will accurate on the shorter distances but begin to lose it the longer the putts become.
    - A high balance putter will be accurate at the short distances and still have good accuracy when you get to the longer putts.

This is it exactly.  

• Kittykat2017
    513 Posts
    Fri, Mar 31 2023 1:29 PM
    This post has been deleted.
  • Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Fri, Mar 31 2023 4:33 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

Very interesting and informative.

And thanks for (re)finding the essence of the forums, Yiannis and gents.

I've been longing for this kind of content. Well done!

Thank you my friend.

• Squatch031
    172 Posts
    Fri, Mar 31 2023 5:09 PM

Great post.  Been trying to figure out balance and forgiveness for a while now.

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Sat, Apr 1 2023 8:50 AM

SimonTheBeetle:

Very interesting and informative.

+1

Yiannis1970:

Thank you my friend.

Any thoughts or plans on another similar thread about clubs other than putter?

Enquiring minds want to know- WTH is shot shaping? lol

• GreenLaser
    175 Posts
    Sat, Apr 1 2023 9:22 AM

I've wondered about that, too. Are there any clubs where the Shot Shaping isn't 0.5?

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Sat, Apr 1 2023 10:37 AM

PureGro1:
    Enquiring minds want to know- WTH is shot shaping? lol

GreenLaser:
    I've wondered about that, too. Are there any clubs where the Shot Shaping isn't 0.5?

It is probable when WGT first launched the game, they had draw & fade features in their plan* but dropped them at the end for some reason. And the "Shot Shaping" is the evidence of it IMO.

After well over a decade of leaving it "0.5" for all clubs, I guess it is safe to say that the initial plan of draw & fade (shot shaping) is now permanently abolished.

(* Something like this... ↓↓)

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Sat, Apr 1 2023 12:30 PM

GreenLaser:

I just hit real early or real late of the ding line for shot shaping.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Apr 1 2023 12:48 PM
  • Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sat, Apr 1 2023 2:49 PM

I didn't know about DP. Thanks for the link. If some moderator wants to merge these threads, i have no issues at all.

RSS