Forums

Help › Forums

Country club passes - end of round option

rated by 0 users
Thu, Mar 9 2023 8:31 AM (5 replies)
  • i1488
    44 Posts
    Sat, Mar 4 2023 12:27 PM

A great way to improve morale in the game is to let us decide to use a country club pass at the end of the round vice the start.  We thank you for implementing this modification.  

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Tue, Mar 7 2023 9:55 AM

How would that work out concerning morale?

OTOH, the "mechanic" of the XP delivery is that CDP XPs are issued at the first stroke, stroke XPs are delivered with each stroke and only the final boni like game completion and awards XPs are delivered with the last stroke. Therefore, the game must know what you want from the very beginning!

Your proposal would completely shake up the program, and - believe me! - you don't want any unnecessary modifications!

• i1488
    44 Posts
    Tue, Mar 7 2023 12:00 PM

Do you work for WGT?  ;-)

Completely understand about the CDP pass we use.   Selecting that one at the beginning of game play is okay.

I'm talking about non-CDP pass usage.  Morale would increase if we are allowed to select a CC pass at the end because we are comfortable with the score of the game just played.  

Now this is really only helpful on those "unlimited" tourneys played that we-"I" restart in the first few holes if I hit some bad shots(which happens a lot).  I'd like to give the country club the most points I can with the least amount of CC passes used.  Some people may be financially well-off and don't worry about thirty-seven cents per pass.  Not I.  I do surveys to finance my playing here.  

Hopefully this answers why I started this thread.  Hit'em straight and play well.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Tue, Mar 7 2023 10:39 PM

i1488:
    Do you work for WGT?  ;-)
    Nope - don't wanna be censored for my opinions ;)

i1488:
    Completely understand about the CDP pass we use.   Selecting that one at the beginning of game play is okay.

I'm talking about non-CDP pass usage.

I get your point about "secondary" uses, but IMHO this ain't a point at all.

The CC pass is first and foremost a vehicle to grant XPs to our CCs, but observe some caveats:

1) Those extra XPs of the second CC pass are peanuts compared to the CDP.

2) Your L19 CC doesn't need them at all - there's nothing of value to be gained by becoming "L20 CC".

3) It's 12 hours from pass to pass - using the second pass will delay your use of the next pass if you have a schedule for the CDP, unless you start a new game in the minute you receive any pass.
    BTW, buying a pass does the same and puts players in the bind to buy more passes :(

My sermon on this subject is, "Don't buy a CC pass for the benefit of your CC!"

IMHO, each game should serve only one purpose, and any other thoughts should take the back seat in that occasion.

Either you go for the XPs / CDP - do your thing, perhaps only playing one shot in a practice game.

Or you want to press your score / average: Do it alone, leaving CC passes outside.

You wanna have fun with friends? - enjoy a MP round without caring for anything else.

• i1488
    44 Posts
    Wed, Mar 8 2023 2:56 AM

Good advice.  I now retract my original statement/post.  

Glad to know there are people like you here that are not afraid to state confident opinions.  Thank you.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Thu, Mar 9 2023 8:31 AM

Thank you!

I'm not afraid. WGT has a good record concerning the 1st amendment, as long as you don't get personal / insulting.

RSS