Equipment and tier advancement?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 14 2023 3:42 PM (22 replies)
  • alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Wed, Mar 15 2023 2:03 PM

Luckystar5:
    I flew up thru the ranks, by just playing coin games,
    This is what matters in the "alternate path". When WGT created the coin games, they had to find another way to raise the stakes so that thrill and revenue would be guaranteed.

So, apparently, playing coin games means to accumulate XPs = raise in Levels, and have some success in the games. You can at least get to Champion  with 150 average and no RRs, and L105.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Thu, Mar 16 2023 4:08 PM

alosso:

Luckystar5:
    I flew up thru the ranks, by just playing coin games,
    This is what matters in the "alternate path". When WGT created the coin games, they had to find another way to raise the stakes so that thrill and revenue would be guaranteed.

So, apparently, playing coin games means to accumulate XPs = raise in Levels, and have some success in the games. You can at least get to Champion  with 150 average and no RRs, and L105.

I made tc in 2018 at level 95,  not sure what the criteria was back then. 

• Soup3rDye
    18 Posts
    Wed, Apr 12 2023 8:28 PM

I give you a 100000000% as you are correct.  Tier should be the objective advancment key, however doing it backwards promotes more sales for the publisher using the current model. 

I am not trying to increase my tier due to this fact. Why would I increase my tier to play against people that already have a clear advantage with thier level.  This sales strat also promotes me to level to the max gear level that I can get too before I bother to spend any money what so ever on the game. 

I would also think that one would be able to de tier if you play poor enough, but again that would hurt sales unless the gear was tied to tier instead of level.. My point is if I get to Pro tier I would be more willing to buy gear for the pro tier knowing that if I get to the master tier I could always de tier due to playing worse but still have that pro gear to fall onto. This tactic in sales would benifit them because they know in order for this person to be better in the masters tier that person would have no choice but to purchase Master gear and that it would be more likely for the player to spend money on that gear as the player could reverse again once in a higher tier.. 

I honestly think my model would be better because the player would have a better feel of progression, and it would also be closer to a fair play enviroment. I could be wrong but thats why it is theory right? lol. FORE!!!!!!!!!!!

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Thu, Apr 13 2023 9:20 AM

Soup3rDye:
    I would also think that one would be able to de tier if you play poor enough, but again that would hurt sales unless the gear was tied to tier instead of level.
    You' need a DeLorean to experience that:

They changed the logic in 2010 - before my time here. Up to that moment, players could tier up, get the better equipment available there, and tier down, !with the clubs!

• Soup3rDye
    18 Posts
    Thu, Apr 13 2023 10:28 AM

In my model tiering down would mean you would have to use the gear to the tier you tier too, and would not be able to cheese wins by gaining a gear advantage. 

Say the tier par average for Pro is 67-70

and say the Amatuer par average is 70-72

I am in  Pro but my average falls to a 70 I fall down to Ametuer and now can not use my Pro tier LOCKED clubs because I am now in Amatuer.

Now to make things fun as an Amatuer I can willfully play with Pro/Master/Legends by choice but a Master/Legend can not willfully play against me as they would be locked out of the lower tier courses (unless they de tier of corse). However I must play them with the Gear Tier I am currently locked at so I am willingly accepting a more difficult game, and not forced to play against people that I have a clear dis-advantage to.

Anyway, this game however fun it is when playing against the same skilled players when they are at the same level is negated every time I am forced to play a person that can 1 hit a Par 4 green. It is negated when playing people that are favored by the algorithm just because they have more money to spend. Finaly it is negated when watching the so called pros that are accepted as such even thou they use outside programs to insure a specific outcome which btw is the deffinition of a cheat, lol. I would rather play a game that is based on the persons skill than a persons wallet or another program which is where this game is firmly set into.

It is a shame really even thou the grafix are 3rd rate, and the camera angles are trash, and the avatars look like paperdoll cut outs placed ontop of a picture. I at times when playing againts people in my level/skill range is highly enjoyable.

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Thu, Apr 13 2023 5:24 PM

Squatch031:
    On that note, I see a lot of post about these guys that shoot in the 50s cheating. I think they get their scores down by creating all of these spreadsheets and calculations.  If so, good for them.  Doing that is more work than fun.  I have played some of these guys in coin games and AS matches and they are not as good when pressed by a time limit

There are a lot of players, who are using calculations and spreadsheets. However, there are also a lot of those, who don't. It's quite possible to score quite well without taking more than 15 secs per shot. 

• Soup3rDye
    18 Posts
    Thu, Apr 13 2023 8:19 PM

I know I can not tier down, and thank you for the spreadsheet clearifying the standards for each tier. I intentionally stay over 65 average so I will not be forced into a more difficult game at least until I am a higher level and have the Free credits to purchase better clubs for the higher tier. I recommend everyone to follow that process unless of course you have nothing better to throw money at. I myself have a family and a morgage that is barely affordable thanks to all of the unintelligent choices leadership has made. LOL,  Anyhoot off topic...

I know my model would not happen in THIS game, but to me the ideal game would have those stadards from my model.  I like fair play and compitition of which I feel that I am not in most of the rounds I play due to the design.  I am pretty sure once I am at max tier with the Max/best gear for my play style it would be a far more enjoyable game, and that my friend is the issue for me at least.

To end my part in this string. I guess if I want fair play on an even play field I could just make a group with people of my tier and solely play with those individuals. I would however much rather prefer to limit working in order to enjoy a game that I should enjoy without having to put forth extra effort. FYI, I am asking for Tier Locked coin room point based seasons to be introduced into the game. ^.^

RSS