Forums

Help › Forums

Equipment and tier advancement?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 14 2023 3:42 PM (22 replies)
  • Squatch031
    172 Posts
    Fri, Mar 3 2023 1:23 PM

I just made it to the Legend Tier and am finding that despite having the best equipment, I now cannot reach some par 4s in regulation due to now having to hit from Champion tees.  While playing a match against a Master, level 101, I realized that he has the option of getting the best equipment due to his level while still playing from closer tees as a Master.  This seems to be all backwards.  In hindsight, I should have stayed at the Master or Tour Master tier, progressed in levels, and play with the best equipment from the shorter tees.  Am I missing something here?  Doesn't this seem backwards?

While on the topic, what are the benefits in progressing beyond the Legend tier? Seems as though equipment upgrade should be base on tier advancement as opposed to level advancement.

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Thu, Mar 9 2023 1:26 PM

Almost every new Legend has felt similar. The impact of moving back, but not able to gain better clubs is eyeopening. The best thing to do is avoid coin rooms that don't mandate the same tees for all. Practice and get better and don't fret the small stuff.

I played with the same driver and 3W you are using until I reached L96 and upgraded the driver. If you're going to play coins room, I can't emphasize enough to acquire the SE hat and run it to level 10. That alone can add 25 yds to your drives. 

Good luck! 

Squatch031:

I just made it to the Legend Tier and am finding that despite having the best equipment, I now cannot reach some par 4s in regulation due to now having to hit from Champion tees.  While playing a match against a Master, level 101, I realized that he has the option of getting the best equipment due to his level while still playing from closer tees as a Master.  This seems to be all backwards.  In hindsight, I should have stayed at the Master or Tour Master tier, progressed in levels, and play with the best equipment from the shorter tees.  Am I missing something here?  Doesn't this seem backwards?

While on the topic, what are the benefits in progressing beyond the Legend tier? Seems as though equipment upgrade should be base on tier advancement as opposed to level advancement.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Thu, Mar 9 2023 2:06 PM

I really wish that I hadn't traded in the nikes!!!!!   I miss the nike balls too.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Fri, Mar 10 2023 1:04 AM

Squatch031:
    I just made it to the Legend Tier
    Congrats!
    Your level, 92, is quite appropriate for this change!

May I remind you that you are now at 50% of L97 (1.5 M XPs) and at 25% of L103 (3 M XP).

Squatch031:
    I now cannot reach some par 4s in regulation due to now having to hit from Champion tees.
    True for most, at least at PIN hole 4, which is a Par4 with the length of a Par5.

Squatch031:
    a Master, level 101
    Hopefully, he will be promoted for his successful game and eventually join you at the back tees!

Squatch031:
    In hindsight, I should have stayed at the Master or Tour Master tier, progressed in levels, and play with the best equipment from the shorter tees.  Am I missing something here?  Doesn't this seem backwards?
    Obviously, they are better off selling the clubs by diligence than by skills...

Squatch031:
    While on the topic, what are the benefits in progressing beyond the Legend tier?
    Mostly bragging rights IMHO, sometimes slicker greens, and tournaments "between the best of the best".

• Squatch031
    172 Posts
    Mon, Mar 13 2023 7:25 PM

I think you hit the nail on the head......bragging rights!  At this point, I am happy at the Legend level and have no ambition to move higher.  Goal now is to max out with the best equipment when I hit the upper 90s levels.  Currently trying out various balls that may help to hold the green on longer iron shots now that I am on Champion tees.  I have noticed that my 3 wood will seem to hold the greens but long irons are more difficult.  Is it due to spin, or lack thereof with irons?

Thanks for the input.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Tue, Mar 14 2023 11:53 AM

I flew up thru the ranks, by just playing coin games,  then started playing in clashs,for cc to benefit.  The day they opened the wolf creek club, on here, I received an email congratulating me for attaining tour champion.  It didn't matter back then if you had the required amount of ranked rounds to tier up, as I made legend in just the coin games.  Others  have stated the same, some even claim to have made tour legend. I wish that I was back at master, or tour master, no higher, game was a lot more fun then. I'm not sure when things changed for tier advancement,  as far as requirements go, just know it's a lot more rounds than it was.

• Squatch031
    172 Posts
    Tue, Mar 14 2023 1:49 PM

Agree with you on staying at Master or Tour Master.  As mentioned in my initial post, if I could play from the closer tees and advance in tiers to where I could get best equipment, I could be more competitive with these guys that shoot in the 50s.  I don't enter any money tournaments since I know they will dominate.

On that note, I see a lot of post about these guys that shoot in the 50s cheating. I think they get their scores down by creating all of these spreadsheets and calculations.  If so, good for them.  Doing that is more work than fun.  I have played some of these guys in coin games and AS matches and they are not as good when pressed by a time limit.

RSS