Help › Forums

Golf club models?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Feb 8 2023 1:10 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Squatch031
    172 Posts
    Fri, Feb 3 2023 9:54 AM

I noticed that recently WGT offered new Callaway Paradym clubs and have discontinued my clubs, Callaway Rogue.  After comparing, it appears the new model (driver, three wood, irons) have the exact same specs as my current clubs.  What is the point in changing model name?  Is this just a scam to make people think that these are something new?

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2023 10:13 AM

My sarcastic view on this is, it's a way of bumping up the price by giving you something that looks a little different, Whether or not they play the same is hard to say without seeing the programming applied to them.

It's a little like your favourite chocolate bar maker selling you a bigger chocolate bar for a lower pro rata price than a smaller one, but they put more squares in a row across the bar so you end up eating more. I'm watching you Mr Cadbury!

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2023 12:10 PM

ScottHope:
    My sarcastic view on this is, it's a way of bumping up the price by giving you something that looks a little different

That and this.   Every time Callaway bring out new clubs the one's here changing wouldn't surprise me.

Not sure about the chocolate analogy though.  It sounds like you are getting more for your money there, whatever the personal temptations ;-)

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2023 12:53 PM

Yes Dodgy, you do get more for your money, but every time you break a row off to eat some, do you eat the whole row, or break a bit off that and put the rest back?

Marketing is a study in psychology.

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2023 12:57 PM

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2023 1:25 PM

DodgyPutter:
    Every time Callaway bring out new clubs the one's here changing wouldn't surprise me.
    This!

It's an advertizing contract, and when the real world items aren't on offer any more, they are dropped or changed here.

We also have to keep in mind that the characteristics here have nothing to do with real world characteristics - different worlds!

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2023 1:47 PM

ScottHope:

Yes Dodgy, you do get more for your money, but every time you break a row off to eat some, do you eat the whole row, or break a bit off that and put the rest back?

Marketing is a study in psychology.

hmmm, but if there are too few in a row you need to have two row's or maybe just another one after that or.............the whole bar before it melts, yes in February! 

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2023 3:28 PM

You sound like Cadbury's perfect customer!  : ))

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2023 8:22 AM

Squatch031:
    I noticed that recently WGT offered new Callaway Paradym clubs

Ohh, Golf club Models! I thought you meant golf club models...

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2023 11:14 AM

PureGro1:

Squatch031:
    I noticed that recently WGT offered new Callaway Paradym clubs

Ohh, Golf club Models! I thought you meant golf club models...

Wonder how I would score with these 2 beauties

• PAGES
RSS