Forums

Help › Forums

Bugs in WGT

Sat, Dec 2 2023 7:07 PM (27 replies)
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Feb 3 2023 3:37 AM

WGTNico:
    Now I wanna make sure this thread focuses on just the bugs and glitches within WGT. This is not a thread for suggestions or changes to features in game. Things like Toptracer not having a place to "live" is a feature (annoying yes) and not a bug/glitch.

Sometimes, as the game steadily moves away from golf, it's difficult to know the difference between a bug and deliberate programming.

I'm playing someone in a one hole coin game.  I drive and they mess up and quit, I get a holed approach.  Bug or "I could have holed my approach so I get one"?  They don't mess up and we play on; I miss they green they hit it, I miss the chip and they hole the putt, I get a holed approach.  They miss the putt, I miss mine and then they hole, I still get a holed approach.  There are more scenario's but basically if you complete and win the hole the only way to get credited with a holed approach is to hole an approach, if you lose it there are many ways. 

I'd suspect something like if you don't finish the hole with a putt you get a holed approach has been programmed, so not a glitch I suppose.

If I have a goal like play 27 holes and I play 7 coin hole games it'll say I've played 4 (or whatever, rarely 7). I won't even bother to say why this is.  There are lots of these, I'm not sure how many you'd call bugs.

As I was typing I realised something.  Whatever we say here the same time will be spent on fixing the game/bringing new things, wgt are not going to fix everything and are going to follow their own priorities.  I agree with Simon/Yiannis (sorry if I'm putting words in anyone's mouth, I don't mean to) time will be spent on bringing out things to sell, fixes for things affecting mobile and making the site/game look "pretty".

The realisation was the last thing I should do, if I want the fixes the pc players have been wanting for years, is to tell you about those I care little about as that undoubtedly knocks the real ones even further down the list.  One (two I suppose) for the road :-)

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Fri, Feb 3 2023 4:21 AM

WGTNico:
    I will happily add to this list if I missed any and will even test and get some open tickets for any actual bug you all report.

Many issues were reported in your last requests for bugs/glitches that are not listed in your new list. Have they or will they be fixed? No sense in us reporting them again if they will not be fixed. Cheers

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Fri, Feb 3 2023 4:21 AM

Well said, Dodgy.

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Fri, Feb 3 2023 4:23 AM

WGTNico:

MarchieB:

There is a bug when Renting a set of IRONS that after the rental is over the game changes the "Required" 6th bag slot that's designated for your Irons to a wedge and throws the hybrid back in. Many people are perplexed by how to get their irons back into their bag.

ah ya you're right I did forget about that one. Thanks!

With a pen and paper you wont forget things.

• Yiannis1970
    3,261 Posts
    Fri, Feb 3 2023 7:53 AM

callaghan159:

WGTNico:
    I will happily add to this list if I missed any and will even test and get some open tickets for any actual bug you all report.

Many issues were reported in your last requests for bugs/glitches that are not listed in your new list. Have they or will they be fixed? No sense in us reporting them again if they will not be fixed. Cheers

I guess there must eventually a second part of bugs regarding the real gameplay.

This thread is about bugs that concern the gimmick aspect of the game.

At least i hope...

• WGTNico
    616 Posts
    Fri, Feb 3 2023 8:29 AM

bossbird:

Hi Nico , you know about this one but it’s not listed , not all tee markers are visible when making club tournaments on mobile app. 

Have you updated your game yet? If you have and there is still that issue with it, then please tell me and I'll open that ticket once more

• WGTNico
    616 Posts
    Fri, Feb 3 2023 8:42 AM

hardwick1:

Please address the issue where players are locked out of the chat box. You can see the number of lines of chat that you have missed in a shadowed box but you can't click the box to get back into chat until you play your next shot.

Rather annoying and has been going on since the end of flash.

Can you be more specific please, do you know of any specific interactions that may cause this or have any screenshots of what it looks like?

• Yiannis1970
    3,261 Posts
    Fri, Feb 3 2023 8:58 AM

WGTNico:

hardwick1:

Please address the issue where players are locked out of the chat box. You can see the number of lines of chat that you have missed in a shadowed box but you can't click the box to get back into chat until you play your next shot.

Rather annoying and has been going on since the end of flash.

Can you be more specific please, do you know of any specific interactions that may cause this or have any screenshots of what it looks like?

Mostly in match plays and alts. Usually appears when during your putt preparation, the opponent concedes the putt. In order to unblock the grey (and not white anymore) chat icon, you have to wait your turn and double click the aimer...then it unblocks the chat box and you can post again.

• WGTNico
    616 Posts
    Fri, Feb 3 2023 9:20 AM

Yiannis1970:

I guess there must eventually a second part of bugs regarding the real gameplay.

This thread is about bugs that concern the gimmick aspect of the game.

Just report them here please yiannis

• Yiannis1970
    3,261 Posts
    Fri, Feb 3 2023 11:46 AM

Ok Nico.

1. Grey chatbox

Mostly in match plays and alts. Usually appears when during your putt preparation, the opponent concedes the putt. In order to unblock the grey (and not white anymore) chat icon, you have to wait your turn and double click the aimer...then it unblocks the chat box and you can post again.

2. The known SD bug.

Either you get 3 bogeys, either you get a chance to replay 3 holes form the start. A) Sometimes you don't get the same course. B) Almost everytime you don't get similar winds (most common scenario is low and then high winds). Till now, i have experienced playing in a row 3 times!! to finish my 18 holes.

3. Transparent avatar.

Eventhough the option is on, many many times you don't get a transparent avatar...and it gets even stranger this bug. When i play with people on twitch (and stream) and they are ready to putt, they assure me that THEIR avatar is not transparent and is blocking the line entirely, meanwhile on my screen THEIR avatar IS TRANSPARENT. No, they are not lying....have seen it as well when some other guy streams. His avatar is solid meanwhile on my screen his avatar is transparent. Same thing happens to me as well many times.

4. Billboard sign on putting.

Yes, it's a bug and i will explain right away why. On your previous year thread, when some of us mentioned the billboard and how much frustrating it is, Ross (Babzilla) a well known MOBILE player posted: Yes this!!

Now...you fixed that for mobile players (it works just fine, i have uploaded pics on discord already) but NOT for PC players. So clearly is a bug that needs to be fixed. And because there was some kind of argument that ''we had it first like this and we needed to changed it cause many people were complaining'', i tell you in all honesty that there was none!!! Absolutely noone!!!

If so, the issue has been fixed for mobile almost a year now....where are all these players who complain to put it back? There's noone!! You know why? Cause is way better and they can see the putting line!! Only PC were the moaners about the position? For all the mobile players is just fine where it is right now? Why noone complains about?

SD

Eventhough i consider it just the absolute gimmick. Played a guy on the previous SD. First tee, he needs to drive. Does not hit anything, 3 time outs and his out (thought...here they come my 3 bogeys). Instead the game let me continue surpisengly. As soon as i finished my first hole with a bird i see on the scoreboard: Yiannis -1, Quitter -5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REALLY???

It was then when i understood how various cheaters with 60-65 avgs ''hit'' -22 and get all the prizes.

As you see, i didn't mention anything about gameplay or things you need to change to the game. These are bugs.

RSS