Forums

Help › Forums

KIND ACT

Thu, Feb 9 2023 4:46 PM (26 replies)
  • HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2023 2:37 PM

I was playing in the coin rooms, a place I definitely do not belong. I would rather take abuse in the forums than have the run of bad luck I just experienced.

I was playing in the TOKYO room. For those who do not play coins, it is a higher-level room, and frequented by Champions and Tour Champions (at least in my experience). It cost 250,000 coins to play a single hole.

I grabbed a free sponsorship and played 6 rounds. I won the 1st and lost the following 4. On the 6th round, it was a par 3 on Wolf Creek. The Tour Champ I was playing against hit his drive to within a few feet of the hole. I hit mine close, approximately 32 feet from the hole.

I missed my putt by a few inches! 

"I am sorry" says the TC

"that's ok, been a tough day, lost over 1 million coins, but your shot was amazing, vnb" I replied. My chat window was open, so I did not see him finish me off.

Then I heard it...

"hmm, never up, never in" .... WTF?

I made my par putt and chatted: "You did that on purpose, you did not have to do that".

When I closed chat, he had missed his par putt and let me win.

I know you are not supposed to name names in the forum, but I am going to.

He is a Tour Champion under the name of GJM2418.

I felt bad and at the same time was happy. Not because I won, but because there are people like him, many of which we know of in these threads, so many acts of random generosity. (I sent him some balls and in the message, I told him he should not have let me win and thanked him - LOL).

Anyways, THANK YOU GJM2418

EDIT: After posting this thread, I noticed I had a message in my inbox. He sent me balls too. Grrrrr

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Jan 25 2023 9:10 AM

pdb1:
    I don't get your .
    ... "grrrr"

The "grrrr"...

For those friends I usually play with, they know I am not keen on accepting gifts...just the way I am (another story). I have always felt weird about it (unless it is for a holiday or birthday).

So, first, I felt weird he let me win, so I sent him balls. Then the guy has to send me balls too, after I gifted him balls. I was trying to do something nice in return and he out niced me, so, grrr.

• IamNicklaus
    494 Posts
    Wed, Jan 25 2023 4:43 PM

In a rare act of generosity I once did this ......Didn't even get a  thanks in return , highly unlikely I will repeat it .

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Jan 25 2023 6:50 PM

IamNicklaus:
    In a rare act of generosity I once did this ......Didn't even get a  thanks in return

It is ironic that you shared that.

I was playing in Tokyo again this morning and the other player, just before I was putting, asked me for a favor. (I knew what was coming). I asked what that would be and he told me how he was down on coins and if he lost he would only have 150,000.00. My first thought was "why are you playing in this room", but then he chatted "Please, Please, Please".

So, I let him win (I lost 250K in coins and I do not have a ton myself).

He did not say thank you. TBH, I did not want to do it but kept thinking about what happened to me (see above). I felt conflicted and decided to lose on purpose.

It did bother me that he did not say thank you. I posted on his wall, just saying that I could have used the coins as well but he was welcome.

I do not know if I would do it again, I guess it depends on the circumstances.

I probably would. The main thing is that there are still generous people out there and appreciative ones as well. Jerks are going to be jerks, I guess.

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Tue, Jan 31 2023 6:20 PM

IamNicklaus:

In a rare act of generosity I once did this ......Didn't even get a  thanks in return , highly unlikely I will repeat it .

That was kind of you.  Sometimes, generosity is its own reward, regardless of whether or not you get properly thanked.

• IamNicklaus
    494 Posts
    Tue, Jan 31 2023 7:53 PM

SamSpayed:

IamNicklaus:

That was kind of you.  Sometimes, generosity is its own reward, regardless of whether or not you get properly thanked.

Wasn't about me , it was an illustration of the deficiency of simple basic good manners . But I'm sure you know that !

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Wed, Feb 1 2023 5:10 AM

HamdenPro:
    It did bother me that he did not say thank you.

I have had this happen to me a lot of times when I gifted in the "12 days of christmas" or the  "Christmas in July". I never really expected a thank you, but its still the proper thing to do. Cheers

RSS