Forums

Help › Forums

Option to purchase balls after losing your last one.

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 10 2023 6:12 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2023 1:29 PM

Maybe I've been too cautious about having plenty of ammo if things got crazy, but today I sent my last ball into water and was given the option to buy exact replacements! Surprise surprise! Bravo WGT! 

If this old news, sorry, but I was not aware. Now I don't have to double check my inventory before playing.

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2023 4:55 PM

Yes, every time you get down to your last ball it will ask if you want to buy another sleeve of the current ball that you are using. 

It's been that way for a long time. :)  

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2023 6:29 PM

You can now lose your last ball and still buy the same ball. That's new to me. Prior, if you lost your last ball, you got a WGT rock. 

Dave33200:

Yes, every time you get down to your last ball it will ask if you want to buy another sleeve of the current ball that you are using. 

It's been that way for a long time. :)  

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2023 10:05 PM

Duphpherer:
    You can now lose your last ball and still buy the same ball. That's new to me. Prior, if you lost your last ball, you got a WGT rock. 

I got that option as well a month or two ago, I was shocked!

But not quite as shocked as I was after happily buying another sleeve only to be given the rock to finish the round with anyways.  :-(

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Mon, Jan 9 2023 6:19 PM

Previously, I had put two balls in the water on the same hole. The game gave the message that I could buy a new sleeve. The generic rock was only there during the purchase. After the purchase my favorite ball was there for me to play on. 

I verified it again, just now, on a WGT closest to the hole tourney. Purposely hit the whole sleeve OB. Used yellow WGT Tour-S 43 credits. Maybe it's just me. 

Perhaps won't work in a ranked round? 

Anyone else have a random cheap ball that want to test this? Maybe I'm hallucinating... wouldn't be the first time. ha

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Mon, Jan 9 2023 7:06 PM

Tested on a ranked round. I used a low end ball that's been in my inventory forever and I purposely hit it out of bounds. 

When I had one ball left it game me the first message, when I hit my last ball out of bounds it gave me the 2nd message. 

I thought it has always done this in the past but I could be wrong.

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2023 8:03 AM

Dave33200:

Tested on a ranked round. I used a low end ball that's been in my inventory forever and I purposely hit it out of bounds. 

When I had one ball left it game me the first message, when I hit my last ball out of bounds it gave me the 2nd message. 

For me it always prompted at last ball of sleeve, and if you did not buy and lost that ball it went to rocks...I have one ball brand that I have 108 of them- when I use them it prompts me to buy more balls every time I get to last one in a sleeve of three- even though I still have 100+ of that ball.

Ive never seen that 2nd screenshot before...I will try to test this later.

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2023 8:15 AM

Dave33200:

What's new to me is that, it appears as long as you have the credits to buy more of the same ball, you never have to play "the rock" after losing your last ball.

I've always detoured to my equipment to check that I have at least 3 balls to play a worthwhile event. Normally, I buy six at a time, but lately I buy only when I get credit for "buy from pro shop" goals. Which seems to show up every 3rd day. lol 

• PAGES
RSS