Sun, Jan 15 2023 7:07 PM (8 replies)
  • DickDickison
    4 Posts
    Fri, Jan 6 2023 7:30 AM

I dunno - free ice cream?

• CaptRon48
    183 Posts
    Fri, Jan 6 2023 12:07 PM

Can't say that your wrong! I doubt you will see much support on here from the elite.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Fri, Jan 6 2023 1:29 PM

DickDickison:
    Block champion level tiers from being able to enter in (...) tierless tourneys

What a paradox! LOL

• HamdenPro
    2,412 Posts
    Fri, Jan 6 2023 4:00 PM

DickDickison:
    l it's hopeless to try when there are those players with 50 averages always taking the top positions.  It will encourage the lower tier players to keep in WGT if they feel they actually have a chance at winning something

Nonetheless, you would still have level 90+ Tour Pros and Masters on top of the leaderboard, in the Rookie division, as the leveling up playing coin rooms is not the same as leveling up the "old fashioned way" by playing ranked rounds. With these high level, low tier players, they have the advantage of having the same, or better clubs, and balls and playing from shorter tee boxes. 

IMO, I do not see any way to make the showdowns "fair" as you would like them without first having some type of uniform system of moving up tiers (which I would presume is difficult to figure out a way).

• DickDickison
    4 Posts
    Fri, Jan 6 2023 7:22 PM

Yes, I realized after I posted it.  I'm also aware that as you move up in tiers, players are already prevented from entering some lower level tournaments, etc.  Never personally wanted to try the other offerings until lately, but clearly some more adjustments should be made to "level the playing field" for more people.  Especially for those like myself that want to explore being more than just casual.

• Avinashokka
    741 Posts
    Fri, Jan 6 2023 7:45 PM

Some high tiered players have previously defended their decisions to play in the Rookie division by pointing out the fact that payouts in Expert and Veteran aren’t commensurate with the entry fee as compared to the Rookie division. There is also the very real possibility they may encounter the dreaded Showdown glitch and get bogeyed out of contention. It is easy to be sanguine about losing 10 credits but ripping up 100 or 1000 for something out of your control would hurt. 

A better solution than banning them from Rookie would be to improve the risk/reward equation in Expert and Veteran, thus incentivising the higher tiered players to play there.

Easier said than done, I know.  

• IamNicklaus
    494 Posts
    Sat, Jan 7 2023 4:50 AM

The problem is the naming of the showdowns , giving a misconception for some people as to non existent entry requirements 

Rename them  group A, B, C...make all the prizes the same , and entry fees 50 credits . Put all the people who register into a random draw from which they are allocated a group .

• DickDickison
    4 Posts
    Sun, Jan 15 2023 7:07 PM

Yes, I think that would be a much better solution.

RSS