Fri, Apr 21 2023 1:21 PM (39 replies)
  • tramilleo
    1,865 Posts
    Sat, Mar 25 2023 10:17 PM

^^^^^^ TOLD YOU 

• ecbot0
    4 Posts
    Mon, Apr 17 2023 5:20 PM

Didn't work for me.  On the first hole of showdown, I sank a put for a birdie and then the opponent forfeited.  The game hung so I got out and came back in.  When I got back, I was now 1-OVER for the first 3 holes.  This is total BS.

• Mightymousemv
    574 Posts
    Tue, Apr 18 2023 9:51 AM

Agree, same happened here twice ! Will be the last shot taken in a Showdown 

• ecbot0
    4 Posts
    Wed, Apr 19 2023 11:00 PM

Mightymousemv:

Agree, same happened here twice ! Will be the last shot taken in a Showdown 

Same sentiment as yours, Mighty.  To play qualifying, elimination and final rounds, you have to play 15, 3-hole games.  As forfeits increase in general, the odds of having a game lockout goes up.

What's silly is that to make it through the 3 rounds, you're going to have roughly 180 ball hits.  By not fixing this, they won't be selling as many balls which means it hurts revenue.

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Thu, Apr 20 2023 1:28 PM

ecbot0:
    What's silly is that to make it through the 3 rounds, you're going to have roughly 180 ball hits.  By not fixing this, they won't be selling as many balls which means it hurts

Better halve that to 90 hits, cause putts are "free" and don't count as hits. Still sucks though... 

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Thu, Apr 20 2023 8:32 PM

AnaNikolaj:
    Better halve that to 90 hits, cause putts are "free" and don't count as hits. Still sucks though... 

Actually, a little more than that, probably.

echbot0's GIR is about 70%.  So 30% of the time he'll have (at least) one more ball hit.  Over 45 holes that would add about 13-14 ball hits on average.  So, realistically, about 103-104 ball hits, or about 1 full ball to play a Showdown start-to-finish (depending, of course, on the ball's durability rating).

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Fri, Apr 21 2023 2:43 AM

SamSpayed:

AnaNikolaj:

Actually, a little more than that, probably.

echbot0's GIR is about 70%.  So 30% of the time he'll have (at least) one more ball hit.  Over 45 holes that would add about 13-14 ball hits on average.  So, realistically, about 103-104 ball hits, or about 1 full ball to play a Showdown start-to-finish (depending, of course, on the ball's durability rating).

I know, I just didn't want to point that out, cause I thought he was talking in general, not in regards to himself 😂

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Fri, Apr 21 2023 1:21 PM

AnaNikolaj:
    I know, I just didn't want to point that out, cause I thought he was talking in general, not in regards to himself 😂

I hear you 😂  It's even more ball hits if you get hit (like I did today) with an opponent who forfeits on the last hole of your coin game, forcing you to replay those 3 holes.

RSS