Forums

Help › Forums

Launcher not working on Windows PC

Fri, Feb 3 2023 10:16 AM (52 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,085 Posts
    Mon, Jan 30 2023 5:13 AM

EntropiaBones:
    Another option might be to try using WGT on Steam platform.

He's done that, didn't work either.

• IamNicklaus
    494 Posts
    Mon, Jan 30 2023 7:17 AM

Previous deleted because it was for win10 .

Maybe try :

Add Item to Run Automatically at Startup for Current User (your account)

1 Open File Explorer (Win+R).

2 Copy and paste shell:startup into the address bar of File Explorer, and press Enter to open your account's Startup folder. (see screenshot below)

3 Add or create a shortcut of any app, folder, drive, file, script, etc... you want to run at startup for your account into this Startup folder.

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Mon, Jan 30 2023 9:33 AM

Almost sounds like a bad download, or a ram problem.  Everything needs to be deleted, a new download of the app and then see what happens.  Have you ever run WGT on this machine?  Might help to know what the specs are.

• Essisdaddy
    5,883 Posts
    Tue, Jan 31 2023 9:09 AM

oohaahh:
    ...you could perhaps download Bluestacks...

That's exactly what I did, oohaahh - thanks for the tip 👍🏽

It's a bit of a struggle playing it - it reminds me of the flash game of ten years ago, but it's most definitely better than not playing at all.

• craigswan
    30,950 Posts
    Tue, Jan 31 2023 9:13 AM
    Excuse my ignorance but what is steam please .
  • PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Tue, Jan 31 2023 9:16 AM

craigswan:
    Excuse my ignorance but what is steam please .

https://store.steampowered.com/about/

• ScottHope
    10,085 Posts
    Tue, Jan 31 2023 9:40 AM

Good to hear you are back up and running with bluestacks Phil.

You know, I had completely forgotten about the fact that you can now run Android apps (but not from Google Play Store) in Windows 11 by using Windows SubSystem for Android.

If you have Windows 11 just type into your start button search, Windows SubSystem for Android. I installed it just the other day and it runs WGT from the Amazon app store amazingly well.

Once you have the SubSystem installed you can search for WGT (and other apps) from the Windows store and install and use them.

One nice thing about playing the Android app in a Windows window is you can resize the thing by dragging the window edges and the maximize button works too.

• Essisdaddy
    5,883 Posts
    Tue, Jan 31 2023 9:41 AM

garyk49:
    Almost sounds like a bad download, or a ram problem.  Everything needs to be deleted, a new download of the app and then see what happens.  Have you ever run WGT on this machine?  Might help to know what the specs are.

Believe me, Gary, I have done a full delete - reg editor, file explorer, I wiped it off the face of the, well,, laptop 🤣 - not once, not twice, three times. Launcher & Steam both.

I've been running WGT on this machine since Boxing Day 2017 and it was running as sweet as a nut until a week ago last Saturday.

Specs you wanted

• oohaahh
    375 Posts
    Tue, Jan 31 2023 10:16 AM

ScottHope:

Good to hear you are back up and running with bluestacks Phil.

You know, I had completely forgotten about the fact that you can now run Android apps (but not from Google Play Store) in Windows 11 by using Windows SubSystem for Android.

If you have Windows 11 just type into your start button search, Windows SubSystem for Android. I installed it just the other day and it runs WGT from the Amazon app store amazingly well.

Once you have the SubSystem installed you can search for WGT (and other apps) from the Windows store and install and use them.

One nice thing about playing the Android app in a Windows window is you can resize the thing by dragging the window edges and the maximize button works too.

Scott. Nice tip.....when I get my W11 laptop back from the repair shop I must try this.....

Phil. Cheers....and glad Bluestacks did the job (ish)

• Essisdaddy
    5,883 Posts
    Tue, Jan 31 2023 10:24 AM

IamNicklaus:

Sorry Steve, I was replying to them one by one and you were next, but then the computer decided I should install a Windows update, and I stupidly thought that might help (DUH), and then my missus put dinner on the table, so I never got to you.

I can't remember everything you wrote, and I probably am desperate enough to have given it a go, but the crux of it is, there's not actually an issue starting the app, it's just that when it gets to a certain point in the loading process it just hangs and does nothing.

But I do apologise for not responding earlier - thank you for taking the time to try to help.

RSS