Help › Forums

Launcher not working on Windows PC

Fri, Feb 3 2023 10:16 AM (52 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,092 Posts
    Fri, Jan 27 2023 10:23 AM

Essisdaddy:
    For ten minutes, Scott. Nothing.

Can you find the WGTLauncher folder on your system...

C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Topgolf \ WGTLauncher

...is there a folder named golf inside the WGTLauncher folder?

Is there a golf.exe file inside the golf folder and can you run that?

• Essisdaddy
    5,883 Posts
    Sat, Jan 28 2023 1:06 AM

I don't know how many people on here are indebted to you for your kindness, Scott, but I think I'm one of most heavily in debt, and I hope you know how much I appreciate the years of patient guidance...

But 🤣

Right-click "Run as administrator" got me as far as the constantly buffering "Loading" screen.

And with both a simple Left-click on the .exe file and a Right-click "Open" I got this pop-up - which lasted for about half a second (it took about four goes to catch it with Prt Scr😂)

I know you're probably, "damned if this is gonna beat me", but I think we're running out of options 😕

EDIT: To be fair to the guys and/or girls at WGT Customer Service, they have been trying to help, and their reasoning behind the reinstall was

"...For something like this, its usually either a corrupted file of some sort or a conflict with another program running on your computer but we wouldn't have any way to diagnose something like this..."

But if I've done a reinstall (using the "keep my files" option) what else is left. Or is there something, somewhere, in my files, that's causing this...

• ScottHope
    10,092 Posts
    Sat, Jan 28 2023 1:44 AM

Thank you Mr P. I'm not a technician but I'll do what I can.

Would it be possible, as you are not a fan of the mobile game, to delete the app on your mobile, then disconnect your phones own connection and reconnect it to your home wifi to see if you can download and run the game on your phone through your home wifi, just to eliminate your router as the issue.

• Essisdaddy
    5,883 Posts
    Sat, Jan 28 2023 8:43 AM

It was actually downloaded - today - on a tablet with no other connection than the same wireless connection as the laptop, Scott.

So the router is out of the equation.

Unless of course I unplug the router and connect the laptop to the phone's hotspot...

EDIT: No difference

• ScottHope
    10,092 Posts
    Sat, Jan 28 2023 9:03 AM

Okay, so that's one less piece in the puzzle.

If you have antivirus software running on your laptop, do you think it might be worth disabling that for the shortest possible time to see if the game will load without that running, just to see if the antivirus might be blocking something?

• Essisdaddy
    5,883 Posts
    Sat, Jan 28 2023 9:57 AM

Remove another piece - AV disabled, and Windows Defender blocked, but both Launcher & Steam give

• ScottHope
    10,092 Posts
    Sat, Jan 28 2023 10:09 AM

Okay. You're not running Windows in 'S' mode are you?

Settings > System > About

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Sat, Jan 28 2023 10:10 PM

ScottHope:

Okay. You're not running Windows in 'S' mode are you?

This could be the answer, as most are being sold today with either win10 or win11 installed S mode.  If you by chance upgrade from 10 to 11 and 10 happens to be in s mode, you will end up with win11 s mode.

S mode is only on windows home and while in it, it will not let you download a number of things, without first exiting s mode.

• Tito9in
    243 Posts
    Sun, Jan 29 2023 1:15 AM

Essisdaddy:

Totally out of order

I did it all - all to no avail.

I even did a sys restore to the day prior to the issue, and a fresh reinstall, and nothing changed.

Same issue here, I played 2-3 rounds. Shut computer down, made some dinner, took the dog out and since then haven't been able to log back in on desktop, launcher wouldn't open. Uninstalled it and then when I go to

https://m.wgt.com/?mode=popup

I can click them all except for the "Play on Windows"

Odd...

• Essisdaddy
    5,883 Posts
    Sun, Jan 29 2023 1:54 AM

Another piece gone

RSS